LOOK at my new spoiled rotton baby!New video, 12/6/11

They are so sweet! I'm so glad I got him! I will definitely look into getting him a friend, though it will be a while. I'm a bit strapped for cash right now, but as soon as I'm out of the red I'll look for a buddy! I haven't let him out of his pen yet, to roam around the yard, or just to walk with me. I really need to get a leash or something first. I'm scared he'll get into something he shouldn't and I won't be able to get him out! I wonder if you can train them to come? Like you would a dog? Probably, if you had food, but I'm thinking he would find food in the yard and just ignore me! I can't wait to get my own place, so I can bring him inside!
big_smile.png

Quote:
When I take my girls out Pitunia{toots} roots for food the whole time and will come to me when I call her name just like a dog. She will also come to her name in the house. Man that is so cool. Now Stormy will run her little fat legs off and root in the dirt and waller in it. Her still being on the bottle and all she isn't into searching for food. She will come to her name in the house but outside you have to ease up on her slowly to pick her up but she want run from me. In the house she will squeal for her bottle every few minutes but outside no matter how long we are out she doesn't squeal to eat not one time.

You would need to get a harness for Horton and let me tell you, they DO NOT like putting one on. I don't have mine harness trained. I feel like that is something I should have already done for my girls. I like how they walk around wagging there tails all the time.

Weaning Stormy off the bottle has been a little tough. I have diluted the formula since she screams for it extremely often and this has been proven to be a helpful step in the process. The formula isn't as appealing to her and she doesn't take as much. At night we start with just 1 oz and usually this will satisty her and she will go back to sleep.

As stought as she is I knew I had to trim her weight down. After a week of working with her on the weight I can see a difference. I'm not as worried about her now. She will eat carrots and apples for snacks now and this helps. Since her and Pitnia are still growing I am having to make sure they get enough nutrition to be healthy while they grow and not starve there growing bodies.

Its a fine line and I feel like I am accomplising the task although I have had fears that I could hurt them either way. One way straving them and stunting there developing growth and the other ending up with obese PBPs. Redhen has filled me in on this nightmare. I sure didn't want to end up with PBPs that are 150lbs and so fat there eyes are shut from fat rolls.

I do have something rather humorous going on today. One of my cats Abbigail is in heat. Now she usually smacks the pigs across the snouts when they get to close so they try and avoid her but today she is all in the pigs space. They can not figure out why Abbigail is sticking her rear in toward them and rubbing up against them. Pitunia even rubbed her along her side as if she was conforting her and then layed down beside her. What will the PBPs think when she is out of heat and smacking there snout again. HUMMMM!!!!!!
gig.gif
I can't imagine life without my two new loves.

They will have you give golden retrievers canned low salt green beans because there suppose to be a real low callorie veggie and golden retrievers tend to be over weight alot of the time
Mary

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I do give them the low salt green beans too. The one good thing about pigs is they will eat anything so there is never a lack of something for them to have as snacks at the house. I know several people that have them but they are extremly obese. I don't want this for my girls. I haven't worried about Pitunias weight for awhile now but poor Stormy screams like I'm starving her. You can look at her and tell she isn't starving. She is actually doing better since I have been trying to wean her and she is eating more solid food. Plus she doesn't sleep as much and is getting more exercise.

Stormys weight is getting better and better. Since I diluted the bottle she doesn't scream for it as much anymore. She is doing great on her solid food and I can control her calorie intake better this way. I am no longer worried about her becoming obese anymore. She still does take the bottle at night but only a couple of times during the night. My PBPs have been great and I couldn't imagine not having life without them. Who would of thunk it. NOT ME!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I know!!!!!! Did that sound stuck up or conceded? lol. I know I know, that sounded like a baby PBP mom.
gig.gif
My girls now run the house and they know it to. I can't beleive I waited so long to get them and they have definately help me with my recovery from my ED.

Well I took my girls outside today for a bit while we were working on some chicken pens. The back part of the property is rather large, flat and cleared. As usual Pitunia busied herself rooting for food or whatever else she was looking for. This kept her busy the entire time we were outside. Now Stormy has a different idea about what going outside is all about. She had me laughing so hard I couldn't concentrated on what I was suppose to be doing. She was running around like her life depended on it. She would pounce on things like a cat does and then take off running. She continued this for about an hour so that means I laughed for about an hour. Needless to say I didn't get the work done I had alloted for that time but that was O.K. I needed to laugh. I think it did both of us some good. With me being sick for over three years now I needed to have some fun and with Stormy having her weight issues it sure couldn't hurt her to burn some calories. I know we both had a ball. I should of taken the video camera with me but I didn't want to miss anything. I will be sure and take the camera on our next outing. I swear I love my girls more and more as each day passes. REDHEN you are so right. I do have to get better so that I can care for my girls!!!!!!!!!!!! The good thing is that Stormy is trimming down and doesn't look like a "well" a fat pig now. All is good in our home at he moment. PEACE

Quote:
I do not know one single thing about PBP but I can tell you what I did with a almost 400 lb Duroc Boar...named Red Man.
lol.png
I taught him to do that because he loved belly rubs. I raised him from birth...he was the runt and mam tried to kill him so I took him away and hid him in my closet and fed him with a baby bottle.
big_smile.png
He loved the garden hose...OMG he would go nuts and come charging across the pasture just to get squirted.

I taught him to do the "bang" and fall over thing. I would walk up to him and yell "BANG" he would fall onto his side with his feet sticking straight out and snort at me. I would rub his belly for awhile and he was in hog heaven.
smile.png

He would do sit, stay and follow. He was easier train than the dogs. LOL He loved riding in my truck...I made a ramp for him to run up and into the back of my truck, put on his safety belt and go. He stuck his head through the center window. Happy as could be to go all over town in the back of truck. I used motorcycle tie downs strapped to his harness as a safety belt for him. LOL

He died of natural causes, peacefully with me holding his head in my lap at almost 9 years old.

Sadly, all of my pictures of Redman were polaroids (did not have fancy cameras back then) and they were all lost during Hurricane Andrew.
sad.png
Almost all of my pictures from childhood were gone that day.

But PIGS ROCK!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom