Look at my one winged chic!!!!

CHIC

Songster
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
Roanoke
I ordered the rainbow pullet special from MPC. This is Uno, she only has one wing! And a deformed wing at that.
39397_chicks_016.jpg

39397_chicks_017.jpg

Definately a keeper. She can't help that she's disabled. I think I am going to get some sort of hen saddle and modify it to keep her warm when I send her to the coop. She is doing well otherwise.

cutie!!! I am so glad that you are keeping her! If not I would tell you to send her my way! I had a disabled little guy ( and by little he was almost 10 lbs at 8 weeks) and he had nerve damage so he couldnt walk and he was a cornish cross that basically will get fat and then die... i kept him as long as I could but then we had to send him to the "farm"... it was super hard for me and I still feel bad about it... luckily chickens are mainly flightless birds so she should have no worries
smile.png
good luck!

I am going to try her out in the coop, I think she will do ok since she is doing fine now. Like I said, I think I can modify a hen saddle, maybe put some extra padding to keep her warm. Other than that, she is completely normal. Warmth is my only concern for her. Some people suggested that I cull her! Can you believe that? I could never do that to her!

Back
Top Bottom