Look at my score from yesterday!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Maidservant, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Yesterday morning a co-worker called me and asked if I could take a few chickens in. Of course I said yes. He came over with two of the smallest bantams I've ever seen! My smallest silkie (who is 1.4 lbs) is bigger than they are! I haven't weighed them yet, but they look good for their size, are happy, well fed, and the little roo is crowing his tiny little heart out every time he hears one of my other roos going off.

Here is a picture of them in my chicken tractor, where they will probably be staying. They can fit through the fencing I used on the chicken pen! I'm also afraid of the larger ones hurting them. Keep in mind, the very top of the chicken tractor is only 2.5 ft off of the ground.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After I got home from work (around 4:30), I came across an e-mail from someone wanting to re-home a female buff call duck. I called and went and picked her up last night. She is so adorable, and wants nothing but for my two mallards to play with her! The only "ducks" that my two mallards have ever seen are the chickens. They don't know what to do with the little one!

Here are a few pictures of her. She doesn't like to hold still, and she is currently staying in a dog crate inside of the pen. She will come out and eat, drink and run around for a while, then she will go back to her crate and sleep.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for letting me show off and brag just a little!
    Emily in NC

2. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    I don't think I've ever seen a buff duck! She's adorable. Aren't you the sweet one for taking them in! [​IMG]

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Ohhh! Love the call duck! Little chickens are old english game bantams, I believe.

4. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Oh you are pure rotten! Now I need a buff duck. [​IMG]

ETA: Since I'll be out of a home if I get more birds, will you take in a small human, 27 chickens, 6 guineas, 6 goats, 4 cats, 1 dog, and 1 more buff duck?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  5. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Quote:If I wasn't still living with my parents, I'd say come on over! Hopefully I'll be able to get out of debt within two years and will be able to start saving for a house, but unless the economy around here perks up, I'll be stuck here for the rest of my life. What's bad is that I only need $800 per month to pay my bills - closed credit card, car payment, critter food, and student loans. I'm making roughly $500 per month now.

Ok, now I'm getting off topic. Anyway, I love my "little" additions, lol.

I also have seven chicks (with more due to hatch on Nov. 1st) from my chickens. They're all mixed this time around, but they're cute! Here is one pic of of my little RIR/Americauna cross chick. Other pics will be posted soon!

[​IMG]

6. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    The chipmunk backs are too cute.

7. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I have a question about your female buff call duck, Im not too good with most duck breeds ( i know the basics though) and I have a 10 month old female duck that i was told was a Buff Orpington(sp?) , Is she? Her head and body structure looks alot like your female.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do ya think? Ive got more pics if you need them

8. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:Lol, Ive got a buff female, shes a little grouchy at the moment though , she has 15 eggs to try to keep warm in this 30 degree weather

9. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    Ohhh, I love that teeny roo! [​IMG]

The duck is a sweetie too!

10. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    His is a call and they are small
    Your Buff is a buff orpington and she is a standard . She is a good sized duck too . She looks big next to your rouen and black sweedish

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by