Look at the cage I made by myself! :D First time for me.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
  2. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Looks pretty good! And I like the cochins a lot!

3. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    Very nice! Looks well-framed, square and tightly-fitted, and constructed to be light enough for easy portability, yet still sturdy. Sweet job!

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Looks very nice! [​IMG]

5. elnabelms

elnabelms New Egg

Jul 5, 2008
    Cottonwood, AZ
    That's a really nice pen, good job! The chickens look great too, I can tell you enjoy them a lot. I'm hoping to get a bigger chicken hutch finished, I have a small pen with 4 pullets. It's built like a triangle covered with chicken wire, and I put a cardboard box in it for them to nest in, but now they want to roost and there isn't much room. My husband isn't as big a fan of chickens as I am, so getting his help to build the new hutch has been difficult. Maybe this weekend.

6. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Great job!! Cute kid!! I'm sorta like you.....I'm 41 and have 4 kids ages 22, 21, 5 & 2 [​IMG] I don't think I could get anything built with my 2 year old running around though! [​IMG] But then, if I had my 5 year old with me, he could probably build it himself. Did you draw out plans first? Really nice!

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Thanks all for the great comments [​IMG]

I don't think I could get anything built with my 2 year old running around though!

I don't think I could have done this either with my 3 yr old but he happened to be by grandmas who lives right next door [​IMG] It was pretty fun but it was HOT outside...that was the worst part.​

8. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    Wow. thats really nice. I started building stuff for my chicks a couple years ago. It make you feel really great building with your hands. makes you feel great.

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] I really like it. Great job!

10. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Awsome pretty cool:thum:thumbsup:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by