Look at the transformation

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Miss Lydia, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Opie will be 5 months on the 2nd of November.

2. TammyC

TammyC Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2011
    So cute.. I just love ducks...

3. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    WOW! He looks so different. My chocolate drake's head turned almost all white too.

4. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Okay where are the pics?

5. dianaross77

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    BABY
    [​IMG]

TWEEN
    [​IMG]

GROWN Up
    [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:So much like Opie in the face, he is handsome boy. don't you just love them, and by the way Opie is doing so much better. I can even pick him up and snuggle him again.

7. dianaross77

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I meant to ask in my post if he was behaving better. I'm glad to hear that he's being a good boy. I do really enjoy them. I love it when they stand on the step and stare at me through the patio door! So silly. In the spring I'm going to let the blue drake go back to the breeder along with some ducklings from my chocolate drake and lilac hen. He's really pretty but one drake is enough and I prefer the personality of my chocolate boy. I'll let the blue boy and the black girl have ducklings too so hopefully I'll end up with one blue hen to keep.

8. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:That will be beautiful. I know it's going to be crazy around here in the spring with 2 drakes and 1 gander, but I am hoping my oldest drake will not be as rowdy since he is 8 now, but already he is making Opie get away from the girls, but he hurt his leg awhile back and doesn't chase him all over like he did my other drake. your making a wise decision there about only keeping 1 boy.

9. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    Those baby ducks are too cute. I love it that he was in the house. All my (5) come in on occassion and a visiting friend shrieked "chickens in the house!" when she first saw it as if it was "not allowed" and they had slipped in. I have hardwoods, so it's no problem.
    I consider ducks but my pond is to small.
    thanks for the adorable pictures.

10. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Amazing. What a difference. It sure is something how they can change like that. You can never tell what they will look like from chick to adult. You don't notice it as much as they grow but when you look back it's like "Wow" what a change. lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by