Look at these beauties. Pic Added!

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
I was the lucky high bidder on EggBid.com Monday for the Instant Flock of 8 Light Sussex! They came directly from Paul Bradshaw of GreenFireFarms. Here's the listing and a picture of one of his birds.

In the summer of 2007 I imported a dozen Sussex from Australian championship lines. You are bidding on 8+ birds (guaranteed to have at least four pullets) each about 4-6 weeks old. They are the first generation offspring of my imported birds. These come from very large birds with striking coloration. A picture of a parent bird is shown below. With avian flu, importing birds has become very difficult, and this may be the last opportunity to get fresh bloodlines for many years. Buyer pays $60 for all shipping costs. Help establish this important breed and open a new chapter in American poultry history. These birds will be shipped on November 23rd from our NPIP certified farm. For more information about our breeding programs go to www.greenfirefarms.com
34566_030-1.jpg

The bidding ended Monday afternoon. He shipped my birds out from Florida yesterday. They arrived in California this morning! I got 2 cockerels and six hens. The roos and the three older hens are about 6 weeks old. They are out in the shed with a heat lamp (a little too foofing smelling for in the house.) Three of the hens are about four weeks old. They are about the cutest things ever. Here is a picture I took of them tonight.

34566_double_yolk-15.jpg

They had me at "hello."

Here's a pic of the older group of hens with the two roos. They are almost feathered out.

34566_double_yolk-16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous! Never seen a light sussex before, but he resembles a light brahma.

And what a bargain only getting 2 cockerals and 6 pullets!!!! Congrats!

BTW........they look 6 DAYS old, not 6 weeks.

Quote:
Will do. Someone will have to pry the camera from my hands before they bury me!

Woman, I am going to take that camera!

Cause you always have the best pictures. Of course then I would have to kidnap you so you could teach me how to use it and I'm sort of slow with new technology.

Seriously, what sort of camera do you have?

The other Mary.
wink.png

Quote:
Will do. Someone will have to pry the camera from my hands before they bury me!

Woman, I am going to take that camera!

Cause you always have the best pictures. Of course then I would have to kidnap you so you could teach me how to use it and I'm sort of slow with new technology.

Seriously, what sort of camera do you have?

The other Mary.
wink.png

It is just my spare camera, the Canon Rebel XT. My "real" camera is the Canon Mark III 1D. I use it to shoot my grandson's ATV races.

Back
Top Bottom