Look at this amazing photo my 10 year old daughter took...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicken_china_mom, Sep 13, 2009.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    This is our Cuckoo Maran Rooster Mystery. Well, he's SUPPOSE to be a Cuckoo Maran. After I got him I looked pictures of Cuckoo Marans and color wise, he is the opposite. He is primarily white with a Cuckoo pattern, not black with white Cuckoo markings like most Cuckoo Marans. But I thought this photo was lovely. I'll include a picture of Mystery in color as well, just in case someone can tell me what he is. He is my largest chicken, he's gentle, skittish in that he doesn't want to be held or petted, but he wants to be the first to get treats and will pull your clothes if he thinks you're holding out on him. He's also my instigator. He likes to get the hens, and some of the other roosters too, into trouble by leading them to my neighbor's apple tree at the far end of her yard. He also doesn't like to walk. He runs almost everywhere, so getting a good picture of him isn't easy. Katie said she called his name and he turned to look at her, and she snapped this picture. I was impressed. Can you tell they have a mother that is a professional photographer? Lol! Here he is, the handsome photographic subject:

[​IMG]

And here is one of him from the other night in color:

[​IMG]

Anyone think he is a Cuckoo Maran? What are the chances he's pure? Slim to nil? I love his colors though. He's so handsome.

2. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I couldn't say as to his body type etc, but I've seen pictures of Cuckoo Marans that were this light and very similar, and they described them as 'silver' Cuckoo Marans, and most of the roos do seem noticibly lighter than the hens so...

Very nice pictures in any case! Your daughter must have the touch all right!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by