1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Look at This Beauty! Horse for sale, UTAH

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rjv_piper, Dec 13, 2008.

1. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Hi! I've got a beautiful buckskin two year old, well broke, mare for sale. She has been ridden by unexperianced riders and is very well tempered around kids and other horses. I am asking $2,000, she is registered and out of amazing lines. I will get the papers later.
    Check out my blog, http://vanvaranch.blogspot.com/ for more info. Leave a post or PM me anytime! I'd love to hear your questions and comments!!! (She was trained by me and ridden all summer by my aunt and her kids)

[​IMG]

See my blog, ^above, For more pictures.
    Thanks!
    rjv_piper

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    She's beautiful! What breed?

3. tpflabs

tpflabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Metamora, Illinois
    I would say QH, look at all the dun factor on her. Man I wish I was still showing in the ABRA, I could clean up with her in Dun class..Good luck, Wish I had a place for her.

4. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    She is very cute, a 2 yr old is very young to be finished.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Depends when she was born, Being as it is almost her three year old year in a week, she could be almost three. Also, some horses are so gentle they are kid friendly from the start. No sense jumping on the seller and assuming they used the "wet blanket method" for the past twelve months straight. I train horses, sometimes early in their two year old year, and I get a lot done in just five or ten minute rides, about four days a week, without cracking a sweat or stressing them out, physically or mentally.

6. rjv_piper

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Quote:She is very broke. I love her to death. Yes, she is a quarter horse. I wouldn't say she's finished, but I trust her with just about anyone. She is just broke, not trained. I normally wouldn't start a horse this early, but she is well developed, big, and gentle. I would never push a horse into doing something they couldn't handle.

7. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i thought they only used the calander yr on like race horses and stuff to get them out there sooner. well i just thought.

8. rjv_piper

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Jan. 1st is every horse's birthday. Sadly. But, it shouldn't be. This mare's half sister is also 2. I started her around the same time, slower than this one because she was nervouse and very flighty. Later, I got her registration papers and found out that she was only about one and a half because she was born later, I think it was August or September...

9. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    ya, i do think that is horrible. i have horses and none have papers, so it is funny when it comes to age. one the vet says 6 the dentist says 12 the guy selling it says 8 or 9. it if just funny to me. good luck selling her, she is a cutie.

10. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Cool looking horse rjv_piper, I love her coloring !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by