Look at this craigslist ad

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickenpoor, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Chickenpoor

Chickenpoor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2011
    Westminster, SC
    I was looking for chicken hatching eggs on craigslist and came across this ad and thought I would just share it with yall because to me it is kind of funny. I cant believe this person would actually try to tell some one they can SELECT eggs that will either hatch as male or female.

http://athensga.craigslist.org/grd/2701407806.html

2. trooper

trooper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Staunton,Va
    [​IMG]:confused: I'm glad that they are someones so good that they can tell the sex while they are still in the shell.I can believe that someone would try something like that.That was a good laugh.Thank you fo sharing that.

3. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Can tell whether an egg has a boy or a girl in it!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?????????????

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    So, they are doing amniocenteses on the albumin of each egg to determine what sex chromosomes are present? [​IMG]

5. trailchick

trailchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I have heard this before..... A very rounded egg will be famale and a very pointed egg wil lbe male. Has No one else heard this??? I believe I saw this in an old Mother Earth News Article.

6. trooper

trooper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Staunton,Va
    Are you for real.I've never heard of that,But I'd say that it's possible.My wife and her sisters can tell what sex a child is going to be before it is born by bthe way that a woman carries it and most of the time they are right.[​IMG]:weee

7. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm not saying it's impossible.
    It's just about 99.9999999999% impossible. I even have trouble telling a Jaerhon egg from an Ancona, Minorca or Leghorn.
    If I could tell the sex of an egg I could make a lot more money.
    Sell boy eggs for food.
    Sell girl eggs for hatching.
    Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

8. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:Ya know i tried this and out of 275 chicks hatched 200 were roosters so my dogs at good for a while.

9. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] This is HILARIOUS!!!!!!

10. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    I wish we could tell the sex of chickens before they hatch, it should would make things easier. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by