1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Look at this egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ascott99, Jan 29, 2015.

1. ascott99

ascott99 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

So found these in the coop today. We usually get 3 eggs a day. 2 brown ones and one blue/green one. We have 4 hens so I always assumed the two of my black sex links were laying the 2 brown a day and one of my two ameraucana hens was laying the blue/green one. That would leave one hen not laying...
    Anyways why is this egg so small??

2. ascott99

Nov 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

here is another image to show you how small it really is compared to the eggs we normally get each day

1 person likes this.
  3. mortie

mortie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2014
    The Frozen Tundra
    Fairy/wind/rooster/fart egg. Just a fluke in the system. Happens once in a while. It's cute! Might not have a yolk or might have a tiny little yolk. Nothing is wrong and you may or may not see another one. It's just something that happens sometimes.

4. ascott99

Nov 14, 2014

Interesting! It's adorable! Thanks for the reply

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Could be your 4th pullet has started laying....or, as noted, could be a glitch from one of the sexlinks.

I assume that all your birds are young?

Could be one of the sexlinks laid 2 eggs in one day, one of them being very small with no yolk...
    .....happens sometimes, especially with young production layer breeds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by