Look at this Video of my flock I took today!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by CrazyChickensEverwhere, Apr 28, 2011.

1. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    I took a video of my flock. Its rainy and snowy so I guess I took a video

In my video you should see

A broody
    A hen laying a egg
    one eating
    some taking a dust bath
    some screaming at me [​IMG]
    a little chick in A cage who had bad feet and needs to be caged until it can defend itself from the big girls.

Oh and the music in the background, is the radio in my coop... I guess someone told me it helps keep predators away, which I have not had one yet.

2. neverbdone

neverbdone Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2008
    Lake Isabella, CA
    I see you installed a swing in the coup for their entertainment. [​IMG] Interesting method of eating for that one little girl and OH that dust bath looked like it felt really good. Pretty variety of hens, nice flock.

I forgot some people still have snow. Our spring has sprung out here.

3. GreenGables

GreenGables Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    MA
    Cute video. Thanks [​IMG] How big is your coop and your run?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  4. CrazyChickensEverwhere

Apr 8, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] She gets pushed out of the feeder by the big girls, so thats her hiddening spot while eating. Oh and the radio part, LOL its funny there all so use to the radio one day it quit working and they were screaming then it went out, that was about 6 months ago though [​IMG]

5. CrazyChickensEverwhere

Apr 8, 2011
    Quote:My coop is a 18 by 12 I believe. And I have 12 big hens and 2 pullets and 1 cockerel. the run is... actually I have no idea, alot of the time they dont even use it on sunny days when my mom isnt home there out in the yard [​IMG]
    My father and me are going to build a second level on the coop this summer because the flock is doubling, and my mom and me are going to paint the coop Red and white., im excited.

6. GreenGables

GreenGables Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    MA
    Thanks [​IMG] I'll have 10 chickens total after the 5 chicks grow up a bit. Our coop will be 5' by 10' and the run is 5' by 10'. They free range every now and then. I have to be right there with them because we've had 2 hawk attacks. So I just wanted to compare notes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by