Look at what I found today! :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

My chocolate 'scovy FINALLY hatched out her eggs! [​IMG] 39 DAYS after I let her set! [​IMG]

Eight ducklings, total...

1 chocolate
    1 blue
    6 blue fawn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AND YES--that water WAS clean like 2 minutes earlier! LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cash, keeping a close eye on them!
    [​IMG]

2. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooooooooo cute!!! I have some 'scovies setting now. I can't WAIT for the hatch. [​IMG] I love the dog in the background of the last one. He's looking at them like they're snacks.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  3. Rare Feathers Farm

LOL 'scovies are my favorite breed of duck...they are super-sweet, very hardy, QUIET and funny!

Cash is my LGD and he wouldn't hurt anything except bees & coyotes!

4. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Quote:I was kidding about Cash. But bees? Don't the bees hurt him? [​IMG]

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

my dogs eat bees - they hate bumble bees and will go crazy to catch them - doesn't seem to bother them except a sting in the cheek but obviously mine aren't allergic.

Scovies are so cute - my 4 I have left are getting big and are little adolescents now and not babies. *sigh* I want more babies - lol. I guess I have to settle for chickies [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I was kidding about Cash. But bees? Don't the bees hurt him? [​IMG]

A few years ago, we had him locked in the kennel during our wedding and we did not realize there was a wasp's nest the railroad tie next to the kennel. Brodee (the Borzoi) managed to climb out but poor Cash couldn't. When we got home, his head/face was so swollen he looked like a pot belly pig! He could barely breathe and we had to give him Benadryl. Ever since, if you say the word "Bees" or you make a BUZZZZZZ sound, he flips out. It's like he's got PTSD!

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:They just take forever, though! I was going to give her a few more days and then I was going to throw those out. I gave her 10 eggs and the other two pipped but died in the shell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by