Look at what I got today!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Frozen Feathers, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Just went out to give the girls a treat and found these. [​IMG]
    All must have laid between this morning and just a while ago. One was still warm and I found it in the feed dish. [​IMG] Another was on top of the nest box and two more were below it. Some ladies need to learn to use the nest box!

Anyway...Forget groundhogs day...when the hens start to lay, Spring is on it's way! Lol, how do you all like that little prose?

Just a little brag. [​IMG] A well deserved one, having only gotten one or two eggs every other day, I needed this. I was out of eggs, too.
    Yay hens!

2. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

3. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I love those colors!!

My girls better start laying soon. I am so tired of buying these wimpy tasting store eggs. [​IMG]

4. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Thank you!
    I am sick of of buying store eggs, too. I bought some free-range organic eggs that said they were from NH, but even those are weak compared to what my girls lay. Even my DH commented on how much better our eggs taste.

5. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I love the colors !!

we are getting eggs almost the same colors, I get the darker brown from my SLC, the light green from one of the EE's, an olive green from an EE, and the lightest brown from either the Buff rock, LB, or an EE LOL

I have a basket in the frig that looks like I went Easter Egg hunting !!

so who gave who the treat at your house ?? LOL

Julie

6. nadams4

nadams4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    Ohio
    What types of birds lay those magnificent eggs? I am changing my flock soon and want a diff. breed...

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Very pretty eggs, Angie!

(My name is Angie, too. Typing that was sort of odd. LOL)

8. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Beautiful colors!!!! Almost too pretty to eat!!!! Congrats [​IMG]

9. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:The blue and green ones come from Easter Eggers. The pinkish colored one is from a Phoenix, but I do have EE's that lay that same color. The brown is from my BSL, who has been the only girl laying for the most part besides Hazel who will give me one every once in a while.

Funny, I just got off the phone with my sister and I told her I got a green and a blue egg today and she was like " What are you going to do with those? Can you eat those?" I couldn't help it...I laughed at her. Not very sisterly of me, but sometimes i think we didn't grow up in the same house.
    [​IMG]

10. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh LUCKY,

You got colored eggs from your EE's!!!

I only get a light brown one from one of my EE's....

Hopefully my other will lay a colored egg [​IMG]

They are very pretty Angie!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by