Look at what showed up today!

ChanceRider

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Somerset, CA
Got the phone call around 7:15am this morning that these little cuties were waiting for their ride at the post office! This is the duckling special from Ideal... hatchery choice, with the exception of one sweet little Khaki Campbell girl. She's the smallest of the bunch and has already stolen my heart!

My neighbor saw Ideal's special and just "had" to order these guys. She's hoping to raise them for a bit then sell most of them off. LOL, if not we'll be swimming in ducks!

14651_redd_fr_po_2_-_3_days_old_jan_15_09.jpg

These guys survive the trip well? It's still so cold in some parts of the country!

I am so glad they showed up alive and well in all their cuteness!

-Kim

They appear to have survived the trip quite well and immediately started drinking and eating when I put them in their brooder. We live in CA and have been experiencing warmer than usual weather.

LOL, it's anyone's guess what sex/breed we received as the sale was "hatchery choice"... well, except for the Khaki Campbell that I special ordered. And hopefully, the KC will turn out to be the "she" that I ordered.

My neighbor ordered them and is brooding them on in her barn... when they're older they very well could wind up in one of my coops/runs for a bit. The neighbor's daughter has the toughest job... she wants to keep a couple of them. I'm laughing already because I don't know how she'll ever choose!

One of these days either the neighbor's husband, or mine, is gonna catch on to the fact that it's dangerous to leave us alone with a chick/duck catalogue! We went together on a order of 30 Cornish X in December that I'm raising on my property. We're next door neighbors so it's easy to help each other out with our various "schemes". Come spring we're going to try our hand(s) at raising pigs.

Their look to be two anoncana ducklings the black and white spotted ones and their are also more cambels and some swedish I think. I want ducks
tongue.png

You could look on privetthatchery.com and feathersite.com to find pics of ducklings for all of the breeds they carry...

I bet the ones with perfect eye lines are Rouens...

Back
Top Bottom