look at who hatched today!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlisa, Apr 2, 2009.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I tested 3 Buff Silkie eggs and have 3 of Asher's bantie cochin eggs. Today all 3 of my Silkie eggs and 1 of hers hatched! They are adorable! Here are the first pics- the Baby cochin must have been first- she's the most dried off and fluffed up. You can't see the feet and legs- but they are very feathered! Hope the other 2 hatch- its day 20.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No matter how many chicks I have sitting in the next room, I still love to see more!!! [​IMG]

3. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    they are all sleeping now, but I had 2 more of my silkie/frizzle eggs on day 18, so I just popped them into the hatcher bator while none of the other eggs in there re pipped. Hopefully those pip overnight and then these latest 2 pip in another day or two. I so love silkies and frizzles. I'm trying to get a X'd chick- they're all buff, but I want a silkie/frizzle baby. Is that a sizzle?

4. DixieDame67

DixieDame67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Jonesbourgh Tennessee
    awwww ChickenLisa there gorgeous, i think im gonna have atleast 3 frizzles from my last hatch, there poofin up , a week old now, ill post some photos this weekend, gotta start building another coop during my 3 days off, Girls Rock who build there own coops !!![​IMG]

5. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    you go girl!
    I've helped build my pens, but I really have no construction gene in me at all. I dug right through our underground electric wire that supplies our out buildings with power last time I started a new pen. We've had electric problems since then every time it rains!
    But I'll still try to build more! I need another one any day now! My month old chicks are almost ready to go out with a heat lamp...
    Lisa

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    YAY they're so cute! Congratulations on the new babies. I got 8 silkie babies (my first ever) hatched by my broody yesterday and today. They're SO much fun!

I'm so excited for you. Hope the rest hatch well!

7. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    thanks! 1 more of the cochin eggs is pipped this morning- hope it hatches today! Now I have to go set up a new brooder box for these babies- my other chicks are too old and I don't want them to hurt these new wee ones! [​IMG]

8. gervais22

gervais22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Ontario
    aww congrats cute chicks!!

9. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Congratulations! They are so cute... crossing fingers for the rest of your hatch![​IMG]

10. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Cute, cute, cute![​IMG] Keep those NJ hatching vibes going! I've got 2 more weeks on my eggs![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by