look for it yourself!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by NoseyChickens, Sep 11, 2009.

1. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh My Word! My family is driving me crazy. Why is it no one can actually take the time to look for whatever it is they want before they ask me where it is. I mean how much effort can it take a teenaged boy to move a few things around in the fridge before yelling "Hey Mom where's the milk?" How hard can it really be to find? It's not hiding from you! Good Grief.

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    LOL [​IMG]

3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

My pet teenager is 18 - I feel ya.

Sometimes I swear he couldn't find his own head if I didn't tell him where it was first.

meri

4. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I just give answers back that are just as dumb as the questions, they stop soon enough

Son: Mom where is the milk

ME second drawer on the left

thats usually the end of it.

5. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    mine always ask and know that Mom usually knows where its at!

6. muddypuddles

muddypuddles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    I'm joining this club! But I have to tell you, the worst offender, by far, is the DH. Has he really lived in this house for 20 years? There are cupboards and closets that I think he has never opened!? (He doesn't know where we keep toilet paper cause he won't open the cabinets in the bathroom-he might see feminine hygiene products! Horrors!)

7. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh certainly DH is one of the worst at this! It's like these people think I have some magical index of every item in the house. And when they say to me "where did you put my______________" I just wonder to myself, do they think I run about the house while they're at work and school hiding things from them just for my own amusement? I should actually try that one day. It could be fun!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:Wish I had thought of running around the house and hiding things when my girls were young!! Now dh is a different story. He can stand in front of an open fridge and ask.."where is the ___?" I will tell him second shelf, move the mayo!! I need to find a way to break him of his...WHERE IS THE___?? [​IMG]

9. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    what about asking what you are doing when you are IN the shower? My usual answer is gardening.

10. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I have two replies to our kids for where is the milk...

1) In the goat in the barn

2) The fridge is 21 cubic feet....how hard can it be?

or the generic...

Its wherever YOU left it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by