1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Look, I made Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenwhisperer, Sep 12, 2007.

1. chickenwhisperer

chickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    Finally got some to hatch and live. The first couple days were kinda iffy, but now they seem to be thriving.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GoodEgg

GoodEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    NW Florida
    Awwww ... fluffballs are so cute!

Did you hatch from incubator? Glad they are doing well! Conrats!

trish

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awwww, soo cute!! How old are they? Is that last one a little silkie?? CUTE!!!!!!!

4. chickenwhisperer

chickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    They are from my buddies mom. Yes I incubated them and finally got it somewhat right. The one I call crested, I know is from a black w/white crest hen, and the strange bump one looks reddish like the RIR hen, and #2 could be anything(BR, Brahma,RIR,BWWC,Del,etc.). I dont remember seeing a silkie, I think she ordered some kinda mix layer bunch from a hatchery.
    They all have the same father, a really awesome looking tolound??? polish. He is a white base with splashes of black, brown, red, and orange. I gotta get a picture of him next time I go up there.
    I think she got the polish ones as rooster fillers, but got lucky and only one turned out a roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by