Look into my eyes

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bock, Sep 25, 2010.

1. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
  2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute! I wonder how many degrees they can see, must be very wide vision. I don't know goose from gander,me.

3. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Well my Brown Chinese, Chynna's bump is alot smaller which is supposed to indicate a female. By looking at the bump, I'd say gander, but don't bet on it. LOL

Great pic!!

Laurie

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Yikes!

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I would say gander, but that look doesn't seem aggressive, mostly curious.

6. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I am thinking it's a he too. I have a white Chinese goose that I think is also a male. [​IMG] I got them straight run from Metzer Farms, so I guess that's what I get. [​IMG] They are so sweet right now, and I am REALLY hoping they stay that way! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed looking at my crazy goose! [​IMG]

7. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    At a couple of the lakes I go to, each dominant gander has a gander friend who pals around with him. It's funny, it's almost always a brown Chinese gander being dominant and a white Chinese gander being the buddy. They are usually inseparable and do everything together. The buddy never seems to gets aggressive, but calms the dominant one down when he's upset and watches out for him when he's asleep.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  8. Kim65

Kim65 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    I love it!! I will have the pleasure of having a male/female pair of Chinese browns next month (and a bunch of Pomeranians). I love their knobs.

I noticed a distinct difference in the voices of the male and female Chinese. The male "whistles" and the female quacks/honks/grunts. His voice is very high pitched. Your fellow had a good sized knob too [​IMG] but it could be the camera angle.

You should submit that picture to http://icanhascheezburger.com/ , and people will write funny comments about what the goose might be saying [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by