Look mom a REAL egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by schmoo, Sep 14, 2007.

1. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    WOO HOO it happened, my girls turned 18 weeks this past Tuesday and someone layed their first egg today! They are sex links so I assumed they would be ready anytime. I told them the other day I was'nt eating any more eggs until one of THEM layed one. It worked!! I looked out there at 3:00pm and nothing, then my son and I went down at about 5:30 and YIPEE! We have fake eggs in the boxes my 9 year old sometimes does a double take to see if it's "REAL" and this time IT WAS!! Look mom a REAL egg!
    Here it is next to a store bought large egg.
    Proud chicken mom here. [​IMG]

It's so cute [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG] Woohoo! Nice sized one too.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Congrat's Schmoo!!! It is a very nice looking egg. Now the addiction will get worse. [​IMG]

4. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:Did you notice the eggs are on a rooster pot holder the addiction has definately set in, nice egg, by the way where did the pot holder come from?

5. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    After I got my 1st egg I went out and bought 2 rooster rugs for my kitchen. Then a friend of mine bought me a small roo ceramic figure for my kitchen table. And yes, to match that I had to get chicken place mats. Don't have the potholders yet. So where did you get them, Schmoo??

6. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    I beleive the addiction had just begun. I got the rooster potholder from a craft show in Newaygo MI. and it has a matching towel. I love them. I also bought a little wooden rooster and a hen.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by