" LOOK MOMMY WE HAVE WINGS " 9 pics

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
Here are my 19 brooder babies - some were in the banty bin at TS I think they made a mistake LOL - most I know what they are - some I still have no clue - alot are cochins --

so here goes ....

little brown one - SALMON ? little black one - BLACK JAPANESE ?, the bigger one some kind of cochin..

S6300402.jpg

darker one - BLACK BANTY COCHIN, with a mystery chick..
S6300401.jpg

bigger one was in the banty bin - GOLD LACED COCHIN, mystery chick..
S6300400.jpg

these were in the standard bin - both are a mystery to me..
S6300399.jpg

BR's - still trying to figure out roo's or pullets LOL..
S6300398.jpg

NN's - DH calls them helmet heads
S6300397.jpg

these were sold as RIR's - I dont think so

S6300396.jpg

these were in the banty bin - some kind of cochin

S6300394.jpg

SILVERDUCKWING OEGB ..

S6300393.jpg

well those are my brooder babies

Julie

In re:

these were in the standard bin - both are a mystery to me..

The little white n black one with the feathers on the legs....looks like a light brahma

Here is a pic of mine....

a couple days old:

HPIM2258_editedSmall.jpg

11 days old:

HPIM2363Small.jpg

this is what an adult looks like:

lightbrahma.jpg

Hope that helps...but that is what that one looks like to me. They are sweet, brown egg layers.

Last edited:
Cetawin -- the little black-n-white one has clean legs so I dont think its a LB I have 2 adult LB's and they are great birds but mine lay a pinkish color egg LOL

I am really hoping that little one is a golden seabright those are very pretty birds.

hmm Partridge Rock - I will have to look up that breed - thanks

Julie

We got ours at a TC in Baraboo, WI, and we got something they called Cinnamon Queen, which is apparently a hybrid of New Hampshire and Silver Laced Wyandotte. Your orange ones sold as RIR might be that - do they have sort of two cinnamon colored vertical stripes on their backs?

well my two "RIR's" dont have any color down thier back other that oragney/reddish - I really hope they are RIR's that was what I really had gone in there that day for - only was going to get 2 chicks ( came home with 9 ) LOL

I will post pics of the brooder babies in about another week or so - to see how they are feathering out more.

I am really no picky about what breed each is but I do like to know who is who LOL I am really more concerend with who is a roo or not - seeing how I can really only have one standard roo - and I cant have any more banty roo's - my little banty roo would not like sharing his little women LOL

Julie

Last edited:
The RIRs look like sex links to me. Most likely Golden Comets, my favs. RiRs are usually darker than what you have.

Back
Top Bottom