Look Nana, they love broccoli!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nana2KJS, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    My little grandsons love to go down and see the chickies ... one year old Kace still calls them "ducks."
    [​IMG]

4-year old Kale decided he was "strong enough" to hand feed them. "Look, Nana, they're getting used to me. They sure do love broccoli!"
    [​IMG]

BO's are nearly 6 weeks old. Coop is still in pieces in the basement. Hopefully weather will cooperate and we can get EVERYONE outside soon. Chicks and GS's will all be much happier!

2. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Cute chicks; cuter kids!

3. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    So cute... we have 26 BO's and they are growing fast! Just showed these pics. to my husband and said I dont think they will be in the house for long...
    we are working on our run... then the coop! Hope to get it finished before ours reach 6 weeks! [​IMG]

4. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    [​IMG] That was my plan a few weeks ago! We had an "empty" dog pen in the back where the peeps were going. Covered and everything. Then DD moved back home with her VERY LARGE black lab, and a VERY LATE snowstorm took the top down on the pen.

So much for best laid plans ....

Like my new plans better anyway. Hope to post pics "when" we finish.

5. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    My lil sis just seen the pics and i did not read it to her and she said DUCK!! LOL I kidd you not! They are cute! ( the kids and the chickens)

Chicken Girl

6. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    That's precious!

7. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Yeah! I was all like [​IMG] WOW!! LOL I am going to be geting BO! Are they nice birds?

Chicken Girl

8. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    We got them on reputation only, as we are definite first timers. But so far they haven't been completely unfriendly. And I really like their soft colors.

9. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    cute birds and kids.

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Your BO's are the same age as mine! They will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. [​IMG] BO's are great egg layers and one of the friendliest breeds. These chik's parents will let me pick them up and cuddle with me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by