Look!! - Sam's - $288 shipping incl!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by equus2, Feb 20, 2009.

1. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Look at this coop, er, Playhouse. "Only" $288.

I'm sooooo tempted.....

[​IMG]

2. rizq

rizq Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    That would be such an adorable coop! Go for it [​IMG] (no, I am not enabling ... just ... um ... encouraging?)

3. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Lookit all the roost areas! OMG yes get it, send me one too! LOL;)

4. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Would have to borrow and wee one to gather my eggs!!

5. jkg

jkg Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2009
    AZ
    I saw an identical or near identical playhouse at Costco as well for roughly the same price.

6. Timbercrete

Timbercrete Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2009
    Moorpark, CA
    This is the playhouse I made my coop out of. I'll post pictures tonight. It is made well, with somewhat soft cedar wood. You have to do some retrofitting and i added 3 nesting boxes on the back. It looks good in the yard and will function well. [​IMG]

7. doodledoo

doodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Cartersville, GA
    We picked one up at the store for $198 at Christmas time but ours is for the kids (atleast until they outgrow it).

8. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    I've been watching this playhouse on EBay. Last time I looked the price was $349 including shipping, so $288 sounds like a great deal. [​IMG]

9. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

The playhouse does look really cute... I had checked it out before I built my set up. The house is smaller than what you may think. The specs stated actually include the little porch; the inside area is less. So I would think it depends on how many chickens you'll be keeping, and what your weather is like during winter. [​IMG]

Carla

10. RekbaSkins

RekbaSkins Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2008
    Middleburg, FL
    Oh that would be so much fun to turn into a coop! And how adorable! That would seriously tempt me if I hadn't just spent the last month building a new coop, lol

Like someone said before me-- Go For It! (I am not enabling, just encouraging!)[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by