Look what came in the mail, turkey eggs!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by sara, Mar 26, 2009.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

My dad was just diagnosed with cancer, and having just recently been through it myself, I know that keeping your mind on other things is important. My dad had mentioned that he wanted some turkeys., so I ordered bourbon reds from sandspoultry. They shipped very fast, and all 14 arrived in amazing shape yesterday! Here's to hoping they hatch so I can give them to my dad! The eggs are so pretty I might need to keep one or two turkeys for myself. lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Dont look now Sara, but if you look closely at those eggs they have a BR on the top and we all know that means Barred Rock, so dont be surprized when you Turkeys have black and white stripes. Just thought I would let you know. [​IMG]

3. katiek

katiek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2008
    Wildwood, GA
    I hope you have a successful 100% hatch and I hope your dad heals!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. katiek

katiek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2008
    Wildwood, GA
    could it mean Bourbon Reds?

5. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    They certainly look like Turkey eggs (to me)
    I'd say it was BR Bourbon Red.

David

6. Struttn1

Struttn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Southern Illinois
    I just unpacked 8 eggs myself that came from Sands Poultry. Really nice job on the packing and all eggs intact. They even threw in a couple of extras. [​IMG]

Thanks Steve!!! I will let them settle a couple of days with the air cells up before placing them in the incubator. Hope they all hatch.

7. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Quote:I'm sure it means Bourbon Reds. Marlinchaser was just being a goofball. [​IMG] Such gorgeous eggs! [​IMG]

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'm really excited about them!

Quote:uh oh. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  9. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Seems the USPS egg fairy has been busy this week. [​IMG] . Hope it was a gentle fairy and you both have great hatches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

10. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    They are so pretty!! Next year your family will have the best already painted Easter Eggs!! These, Amers, and the Marans will make a lovely basket. We are all right here if you need us and praying for continued health for you and a successful treatment for your Dad.
    Someone said one you cant control what happens to you in life, only your attitude.
    You know your BYC friends love ya!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by