1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Look what followed me home...in a box

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylittlehof, Jul 2, 2008.

1. mylittlehof

mylittlehof Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    I went to the feed store today, just to get some bedding material [​IMG] and this Pied Guinea was all by his/her little lonesome, and looked about the same size as my ladies, who are now in the brooder, so he joined our flock today! Already I think he/she thinks it's a chicken! Anyone have any experience with Guineas and hens together regarding behavior? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Well, of COURSE it had to follow you home - he knew a good thing then he saw you coming!

Cute guy!

3. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Adorable! I just love guinea keets. Is he a little speed racer? Maybe he'll get those chicks a movin' [​IMG]

4. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    My friend is raising two guineas in with her seven chickens. They seem to get along fine, they're eleven weeks old now. It's really funny because whenever they take one of the chickens out to hold or something, the guineas look all around for it and then start giving alarm calls until they put the chicken back. The other chickens don't care [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by