Look what I brought home from the shelter!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hollymh, Mar 11, 2013.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I have always seen and heard good things about Pyr's and really wanted one but just wasnt sure... That is until this little love found me at my shelter.
    [​IMG]
    Moose, the 50lb 5 month old Great Pyr St. bernard mix puppy. An amazing and true to the Pyr disposition addition to the family! I finally have the flock guardian I wanted and he has proven to be wonderful with all my other animals!

2. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

WOW! What a great find! LUCKY!!!! Take good care of him and remember that even LGD's need training.........

3. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Yep! We have been working on our training, a bit hard-headed but it's to be expected! He has done very well so far.

4. Muffin14143

Muffin14143 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    New England
    He's really cute! This is kind of ironic. I was on the "Guess the Breed, Dog Edition!!" (A thread on this site). One of the dogs I was guessing the breeds of was somebodys Great Pry St. Bernard mix! The pictures of the dog start on page 869 of the thread. It might help you see what your cute new friend will grow up to be, You should check it out.

5. BadScorpio

BadScorpio Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2013
    Spring Hill, Florida
    ummm are you sure? Saint Bernards are a descended breed from the Great Pyrenees. Both breeds are very fluffy. That dog looks to have short hair. It looks more like a lab mix to me.......

But still a very cute puppy.

6. BadScorpio

BadScorpio Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2013
    Spring Hill, Florida
    Did a quick internet search. I found out not all Saint Bernards are fluffy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by