look what i came home with!!! (pic HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BellLisamo, Feb 28, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    So i called a feed store in a town 20 minutes away. They had baby chicks in for only $1.97 or something. So i asked if i could trade 17 of my mottled houdans for some of theres.
    YES! i could!!

So i made off with 11 americanas, 2 barred rock, 2 black astralorps, 2 black sex link... and get this..

ALL FEMALES!!!! PULLETS!!! YAY!!!! Man did i ever make out like a bandit! ..........AND im not done yet! Hes ordering me silver phoenix and silver seabrights! Not making me pay shipping, just the basic around $2! Wow!

We got our hens, rooster and ducks from them in the past. Oh i just love them. No more hatcheries for me, i shall keep this guys #.

Here are my babies...

this first one is my favorite...Big pimpin with the new gals...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for looking!!!

2. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    they are cute congrats

3. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    [​IMG] I am not looking [​IMG]

4. 1Speckled Hen w/Chicks

1Speckled Hen w/Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    NC
    Too cute --wtg=you hit the jackpot![​IMG]

5. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    please excuse the mess, i didnt clean the cage this morning because i ran out the door as soon as i heard them say "yes we have baby chicks" ahhaha

6. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Very cute! And nice deal for you to do the trade. I always wonder why more on here don't order through their feed store, it sure is stress free , they deal with the shipping and receiving, call you and keep your chicks in a brooder until pickup. Less stress for you and the chicks. Plus I think with the large #'s they order, there is more incentive for the PO to get them shipped quicker. Everytime I go to my feedstore there are many special orders separated in a brooder and they still get the chicks for $2 as the feed store absorbs the shipping cost. Seems like a win, win for you, feedstore and chicks. I think the only limitation would be the hatcheries they use, but all the ones around here use two or three hatcheries so the choices are vast.

Congrats on your chicks.. glad it worked out!

Nancy

7. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Wait! You had that many mottled houdans? Do you sell eggs? PM me if you do.

8. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:They were chicks i ordered. I will breed them when they get old enough and yes i will have eggs, if ya'll bare with me for 5 or so months [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:thanks! i'm so happy, it just made my day.

10. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's a great deal! Luck was definitely on your side today! The chicks look nice and healthy, too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by