look what i found! seagull eggs!

KattyKillFish

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Dillingham, Alaska
i finally went out again and found some more. look at the color variety! i've been eating them all my life and it never fails to amaze me. you can even find a light blue egg in the same nest as a dark chocolate brown one
lol.png
i dunno of it's a 'transplanted' egg or whatever. just thought it would be cool to show you guys
smile.png
we also found a nest full of wild duck eggs but we left them there because we figure ducks make a better meal when they're all grown up
lol.png

newpics014-3.jpg

disclaimer: these were collected for traditional Alaska Native dishes under strict regulations. none are ever wasted as they are a wonderful Traditional delicacy, and they were collected with the utmost respect to the birds.

Last edited:
lol.png
we found WAY MORE than this, but this is all we took. we're only allowed to take a certain amount of eggs depending on how many there are in the nest.
tongue.png
i left quite a bit of fish scraps on the site for them, too.

Let us know what you make from them. Got my curiousity up. The fish scraps were a nice exchange.

I love the show.. Out of the Wild, The Alaska Experiment, I would love to try out for that show. Always wanted to do the Alaska thing!

Last edited:
Quote:
usually, i make a salad
lol.png
but this time i think i'll scramble them. i prefer them boiled but i think i want to save the shells from these so i'll just blow them out into a skillet
tongue.png

i never really thought of blowing out and saving the eggs until i joined BYC so why not?

Killdeer eggs are a bit smaller that pheasent eggs.

Yes, I'm interested in seeing what foods you make with them!

I'm still tempted to purchase some ivory jewelery from you too, would make a nice gift for my mom.

One of my friends is half Native Alaskan.. I should ask her where exactly her dad was from sometime. I've had relatives visit Alaska before, sure is pretty up there.

Quote:
I love people like you. They just take what they need and leave something for a thank you to the animal that provided what was needed. Great job and very interesting also. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
that's cool! i'm 3/4 Native. the rest is Irish and man, does it ever show
lol.png
i love it here in Alaska, i could never move out of here! it would drive me crazy! but yes i've lived all over the Bristol bay and Lake & pen region. Kokhanok, Illiamna, Newhalen, Illiamna, Port Alsworth, King Salmon, and of course here in the D-Hole (Dillingham)

i miss Illiamna lake so much. i can't wait to go home.

Back
Top Bottom