Look what I found this morning. warning pics may be big

turnerstar31

Songster
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
Ok so we shut our front porch up during the winter months because it is so drafty anyway we opened it today as we finally had sometime to get to it. So heres the thing my dad looks and says come here for a min and I am like what. I look and there is a hen in the corner of the place so I asked hmm wonder if she went broody so dad went over to pick her up and surprise she sure was. The windows on the porch blew out this year and with no money or time we just let them stay like that until we could get to it so she figured that they were out and made herself at home.
So here are some pics of what I found.
Picture571.jpg

Picture568.jpg

Picture573.jpg

Aren;t they adorable. She had nine in total so now I gotta get her out of there with them and clean the place up. Funny we never even knew she was in there.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have no idea how she did it but she did. We haven;t been out there really since last fall. You would have thought that we at least heard her but nope.

Last edited:
yup i am sure lucky wasn;t really expecting to have very many babies but holy moly i am going to have a lot. I have a shipment of chicks suppose to come next week and my eggs in the bator are suppose to be hatching this weekend plus i found these.

Is she a cuckoo maran?

Mine have same color, except I was thinking only the roos was suppose to be that light. I have some hens that are very black with silver trimmings. I have some others that look like hens from the wattle/combs but not sure cause they're colored just like your hen.

Good Looking fuzzy butts.

Some are lighter than others but she is actually a mutt BR. Her father is a barred rock mother unknown. She is actually pretty dark compared to what a male is. A male is very silver colored.

Back
Top Bottom