Look what I found this morning. warning pics may be big

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by turnerstar31, Jun 16, 2008.

1. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Ok so we shut our front porch up during the winter months because it is so drafty anyway we opened it today as we finally had sometime to get to it. So heres the thing my dad looks and says come here for a min and I am like what. I look and there is a hen in the corner of the place so I asked hmm wonder if she went broody so dad went over to pick her up and surprise she sure was. The windows on the porch blew out this year and with no money or time we just let them stay like that until we could get to it so she figured that they were out and made herself at home.
    So here are some pics of what I found.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aren;t they adorable. She had nine in total so now I gotta get her out of there with them and clean the place up. Funny we never even knew she was in there.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Oh my gosh what a good surprise! She is a beautiful hen and those fuzzybutts----- nothing cuter then that ! Congrats to you. Trudy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] she kept hidden for 3 weeks ! [​IMG]

4. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    how precious! awww... nice surprise!

5. turnerstar31

Jul 18, 2007
    Quote:I have no idea how she did it but she did. We haven;t been out there really since last fall. You would have thought that we at least heard her but nope.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  6. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    What a wonderful suprise! Congrats to you and Mama hen!

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Awwww how sweet! Lucky you!!

8. turnerstar31

Jul 18, 2007
    yup i am sure lucky wasn;t really expecting to have very many babies but holy moly i am going to have a lot. I have a shipment of chicks suppose to come next week and my eggs in the bator are suppose to be hatching this weekend plus i found these.

9. catfish

catfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Greenbrier, Arkansas
    Is she a cuckoo maran?

Mine have same color, except I was thinking only the roos was suppose to be that light. I have some hens that are very black with silver trimmings. I have some others that look like hens from the wattle/combs but not sure cause they're colored just like your hen.

Good Looking fuzzy butts.

10. turnerstar31

Jul 18, 2007
    Some are lighter than others but she is actually a mutt BR. Her father is a barred rock mother unknown. She is actually pretty dark compared to what a male is. A male is very silver colored.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by