1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

look what i get to watch-kid sitting-w/pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by penelope77, Jul 15, 2008.

1. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    i agreed to kid sit. well they need milk so two la manchas came along for the baby food. as payment i got, 1 turkey, 3 guinea keets, and a whole bunch of chicks plus any extra milk and some zuchinni that looks like it was on steroids! i feel so honored to be trusted with these goats since i myself am a new goat owner. the babies are so naughty. it's like having another set of my 2 and 4 yr old together. the little nigerian doeling is peaches, she has blue eyes and the little buckling boer is wall e. i forgot to take pics of the new birds. oh well i'll do that later. i'm glad our one lone turkey has a friend now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I love the one in the third picture. What was it getting into?

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    hehehehe how precious...but nothing is safe from being tasted. Cute.

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Thanks for sharing. Those pics are adorable! Have fun!

5. penelope77

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    i think in the third pic she was trying to eat my basket of fabric. the little boer is trying to eat a sock. they are so much fun.

6. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    Peaches is adorable! she could be the identical twin of my baby goat, Wednesday (her twin brother is Pugsley!) I will post a pic of her tomorrow, they are like mirror images!!

7. penelope77

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    here is a better pic of the two kids. i don't want to give the boer back. hmmm i wonder if i could hide him. my husband really likes him too which is a shock so maybe i can talk him into letting me get my own.

[​IMG]

8. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    Here's my mancha milking doe, she's a sweetie.

[​IMG]

Her name is Torte

9. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Boers can be cute and sweet as babies! But once a certain something drops they can get to be the meanest thing around and fast!

10. penelope77

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    Quote:oh she is so pretty. i have a nigerian with a similar pattern on her face. i'm really falling in love with these mancha's. they have such a nice coat. my husband was petting them while i was milking them and commenting on how shiny they are. then he got out the animal cookies!!!

Ace_king_brahma - i had never heard that about boers. of course most of the people i talk to about goats have dairy ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by