Look what I got for FREE

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SG_Chicken, Jul 16, 2010.

1. SG_Chicken

SG_Chicken Chirping

Jul 14, 2010
    Laramie, Wyoming
    We have a local Freecycle.org group and I asked for a doghouse but this is what I got. New never used. My grandson is really excited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Awesome ,,, A few changes and it will be great for 2-3 chickens

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Wow, ask for a doghouse so you can convert it to a coop, and get a coop instead! Nifty!!

4. SG_Chicken

SG_Chicken Chirping

Jul 14, 2010
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Its actually a coop. Prefab one, it has 3 little doors on one side so they can go to the run. We will be building the run over the next few weeks so that when they are ready for outdoors they can go straight to the coop.

the people that gave it to us said they want to get chickens but when then got down to it they figured they werent ready. Their loss my gain guess.

5. SG_Chicken

SG_Chicken Chirping

Jul 14, 2010
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Is there a link to a thread or other site on how to construct a run to attach to the side of the coop? I am looking all over the place but maybe not putting in the right words to search for.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
  7. crysmom

crysmom Songster

Sep 24, 2007
    I would lift that up on a frame and construct the run around it, would be a nice way to give the chickens a covered area in the run and make it more accessible to you to clean/gather eggs etc.

8. chica57

chica57 Songster

Aug 25, 2009
    [​IMG] Great Find!!!! Your going to have some happy chickens [​IMG] I have to see if I have a sight like that around here !!! [​IMG]

9. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Is there any ventilation on it ?? I cant tell from the pics.. If not a few vents add chickens add chickens and go >>

10. SG_Chicken

SG_Chicken Chirping

Jul 14, 2010
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Yes there is ventulation across each side of the top roof.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by