look what I got from freecycle today!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlisa, Apr 20, 2008.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I saw this advertised on freecycle and we just went and picked it up- it wouldn't fit in our van so we borrowed a friend's pickup truck!It was used for 2 St Bernards-I feel bad for them though- I don't like to see dogs having to live outdoors. Its dirty and needs a little TLC, but it'll be great for my new pen we're working on. It'll be for a few chickens or geese...not sure yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm excited to make it nice for my birds!
    Lisa
    PS we just have to finish the pen now! I tend to move faster than my DH...at least my mind does!

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I am envious of that.
    I love freecycle. I check out a few of the local one around me and get a few things here and there, but I have yet to get something like that...
    I would love to get a dog/bird house like that...

3. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Well RunMuck, post it as a wanted in your area freecycyle. [​IMG] I love freecycle myself. I think it is great.

4. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    Thats nice paint that up and it will be cuter than a button :)

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Nice! Lucky birds!!
    We just scored a dog house a few weeks ago that we'll use for our two ducks. Our current coop is another Freecycle dog house. All the windows going in our new coop are from Freecycle! Love it!!! And love the chimney. Cute touch!

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    WOW! Great find! [​IMG]

7. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

can i please have a link to this amazing freecycle thing!!!!!

8. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
  9. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    That is super cute! I love freecycle! I get rid of a lot of "junk" through them.

10. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    Thanks all-I love it too
    Fluffnstuffs- do you have any idea for a paint job? I have no imagination when it comes to things like that. But I'll look online for chicken/duck ideas and see if I can think of something like that too
    If you have any ideas though-don't hesitate to pass them my way. I do want to make it adorable for the birds.
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by