Look what I got today!

ruffledfeathers1234

Songster
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Athens, GA
I just got my first geese today. They are africans. I got 1 one year old gander and three juvaniles( they are 4 mos. old ) , hopefully I will get at least one female out of the three. Theese are the best pics that I got due to them not wanting to stand still.
80272_geese2.jpg

80272_geese1.jpg

Also does anyone know of a good way to sex them?

wow they are beautiful i have two africans right now i hope to get me a african chiense like urs and/or a super african. now sexting since u said they only 4 months old its hard from a pic.

They are pretty...very pretty. My African has a lg. waddle, I don't see any waddles under yours. Maybe they are a little dfferent, I don't know.

Do chinese geese get dewlaps? What is the dif. in a chinese and an african? That is what I was told they were, by the person I got them from. Now I am curious and really want to know.

Upright posture, long narrow neck, smaller more delicate frame.
They look like chinese.

91691_brchinaflock.jpg

flock of chinese geese.

91691_afrgander.jpg

african gander
Heavier with thicker, shorter neck and stance close to that of a toulouse.

Another african pair example to show the much thicker necks.
91691_africanprgerman.jpg

Hope that helps.

Edited to add I do think your geese are absolutely beautiful though and Congratulations!!!!

Last edited:
They are beautiful!! I hatched out one African about 2 weeks ago. Had no plans of getting geese. But, it was in the bator when I bought it. Now, I'm in love. it's adorable and follows me everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom