Look What I got (Updated with lots of pics)

ridgefire

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Northern Michigan
I had an arrival date for today. I called the Post office yesterday to check and see when the trucks come in so I would know when they would call. They told me 6am and 7am. So I set the alarm for 6am. I get up and wait and wait and wait. So its going on 730am and still no call. So I go ahead and call them. To my horror I get sorry no chickens came on either truck. I ask if there are anymore trucks today he said no, not till tomorrow morning. So there I am freaking thinking the worse after reading some of the horror stories on here. I was just about to give up when I had a brain storm, see if they can check the distribution center in Gaylord. So I call back, talk to the same guy who was super nice, he said he would check and call me back. About 15 minutes go by and he calls back and says sorry not there either, but he gave them my contact info, cause there was a flight that was running late so their truck was late.

About 2 hours go by and the phone rings and its the Gaylord post office asking if I want to come get my chickens.

So its a 2 hour drive there and 2 hours back. The ride there wasn't bad, it was the trip back, you know how much fun it is to be trapped in a car with a box of chirping babies.

But here they are, I get more pics when the batteries charge.

100_1412.jpg

I ordered 7 California Whites 8 Buff Orpingtons.
But I have 17 chicks, that's if I counted right. Like a dummy when I was taking them out of the box and dipping their beaks I never counted. Now trying to count is real fun.

Last edited:
Too cute!!!

I can just imagine the 2 hour ride home with them...I only had a 10 minute ride (last year) and the noise was unbelievable...
lau.gif

Dawn

Alright now I'm a grown man I shouldnt be sitting there watching them right????

The little turds I thought I was going to lose one. It was just laying there not moving, even when the other chicks would step on it. I thought for sure she was a goner. Well I just went back and looked now I dont know which one it was they are all running around.

Quote:
lau.gif
Skip is the same way since I did a hatch from our own eggs while we're recovering from a bike wreck. You should have heard him cheering them on as they hatched!!!
lau.gif

Not picking on him at all...he told me to "hatch away" whenever I want...gotta love it!!!
wink.png

Dawn

Too funny. I just got my first babies today and all I can do is stare at them too!! I keep trying to remember that they're babies and I need to let them rest and stop hovering!!

They are adorable! I don't blame you for watching them. We had a trip of about 1 1/2 hours with our chicks. We picked them up at the hatchery. We had two that were puny (we've since lost them
hit.gif
) and they screeched the entire way.
barnie.gif
We had taken our dog with us and she wasn't a happy camper. I think she just wanted us to shut them up!!
duc.gif

Back
Top Bottom