Look what I have ....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JulieZ, May 12, 2010.

1. JulieZ

JulieZ Songster

Feb 5, 2010
    Trenton, Florida
    Yep, I have a rooster. As it sits right now, I have 25 girls and "One Boy" ... which is what I call him. What were we thinking ... Not having a rooster. We love One Boy as if he were one of the girls. That'll change, I'm sure! LOL

[​IMG]

Now here is my other BO at 10 weeks ... I'm thinking a girl ....
    [​IMG]

Others told me in the past that my BR, due to dark feet, was a girl. At 10 weeks old, my LB girls do not have this much comb. She wouldn't stand because of the sand bath.
    [​IMG]

Thanks again,
    Julie

2. chickensgalore

chickensgalore Songster

Apr 9, 2010
    hillsdale,michigan
    i would say pullet on the BR,roos are usually whiter than the pullets and the comb looks pullet

3. Tiss

Tiss Songster

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    I've been told with Barred Rocks that the darker chicks with the gray on their legs are usually pullets. Your girl looks like mine.

[​IMG]

4. JulieZ

JulieZ Songster

Feb 5, 2010
    Trenton, Florida
    I have NEVER been drawn to BR's. It was Rodney who wanted our 4. I wanted the LB & BO. Now I'm extremely partial to the temperment of the BR's. They make this sweet noise ... not a chirp but something else. They come running when I walk in, love their beaks touched & let's not forget hand feeding time. My BO are the same but different with a stand off-ness to them. My LB's ... not as sweet & sutle as I was once told. BR's are the bombs!

Julie

5. Tiss

Tiss Songster

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    The only thing sweeter than my BR are my Golden Comet sex linked. They may as well be puppy dogs.

6. MissJenny

MissJenny Songster

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My BR was a surprise in the box of chicks from Nature's Hatchery. I sure didn't order her -- but she's the one who comes running first where there are treats to be had! And I sure hope "she's" a "she".

Jenny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: