LOOK what I just hatched! My First...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kelseygirl707, May 21, 2010.

1. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Gosling! A roman tufted baby. I bought 5 eggs of ebay, 3 broke in shipping, but 1 had the shell broke but the membrane intact, so I sealed it with wax and set it, and it's currently zipping. This baby got dropped when I was putting them in lockdown, a bunch of shell broke off, and the membrane split and bled a little, but I put it in lockdown anyway, and look, it's HERE! [​IMG] These are my first goslings, and I am soooo excited! [​IMG]

My husband want's to name the one that I sealed with wax, cracker, because it's shell was soo cracked. I literally had wax sealing it from one end to the other, and it's actually hatching!

[​IMG]

2. Morri

Morri what's quackalackin?

Jan 8, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG] that si so adorable!! it think u should name it miracle lol

Would u mind giving it to me ?? [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:LOL, pick up only.... [​IMG]

4. Ohhhh goslings are SO cute with their chubby waddling bodies and their disproportionately small wings; they really do look like fuzzy stuffed toys, but they grow so FAST. Good luck on your babies!

5. Lolita

Lolita Songster

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Wow, what a cool story, can't beleave it hatched! CONGRATS! You should name it: "Lucky Cracker."

7. Morri

Morri what's quackalackin?

Jan 8, 2010
    Australia

haha i will have to save up for the airplane ticket then [​IMG]

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    WHOA! so cool! thank you for sharing. I do not have, nor will I ever have as long as I keep my sanity, an incubator.
    whoops! there it went. [​IMG]
    no seriously. I would be knee deep in babies calling me mamma. [​IMG]

9. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.

haha i will have to save up for the airplane ticket then [​IMG]

And learn to drive on the other side of the road. When I was a kid, by best friend had a family friend from Australia visit, and I hated to drive with her, because she always drifted into the other lane. But I loved listening to her Accent, and the different ways she said things. Like what we called Dinner, she called Tea time, and what we called candy, she called Lollies. But then, maybe those aren't Australian things, just her things, LOL.

10. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:LOL, welcome to my world. I just upgraded from my home made incubator that can hold 30 eggs, to a Sportsman that can hold 270 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by