Look what I made for the dogs!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Stina, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Stina

Stina Songster

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    [​IMG] I made a slip lead and a 1 or 2 dog control leash!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rope is a bit large for a slip...but I think it'll work alright...not something I'll use regularly anyway. I'm pretty proud of the control leash...I wanted to do just a swivel in the middle and make a 2 dog leash....but they didn't have them at home depot...so I got a heavy duty clip and decided to make it a 1 or 2 dog leash...just take the coupler off and its 1 dog [​IMG] I also wasn't going to add the handle at the front...but thought to add it as I was making it so now its good for walking around traffic too [​IMG]

2. HenPen

HenPen Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Good job!! I make my own martingale collars fo rmy dogs and leashes as well...

3. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Very clever! [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Good job! [​IMG]

5. Stina

Stina Songster

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    Thanks! [​IMG] I'm actually thinking about making them to sell....its surprisingly easy. I'm not thrilled with the appearance of the clips though... These ones are cool... http://www.ezty.com/rope.htm#clamps ...but I'm not sure people would want to pay that much for them....

6. HenPen

HenPen Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Go for it!!! You will be surprised at how much people would pay,I was shocked when I listed a few of my collars on ebay and watched some sell for insane prices.Make a few in different colors and post some pictures or list them on ebay...I would use the clips from the link you posted they look safer for the animals.....here is a link to some of the collars I have made/sold... http://www.mackeba.com/Stylin.html

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  7. JeffroDull

JeffroDull In the Brooder

May 6, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    Nice work!

8. ()relics

()relics horse/dog shrink

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    Very nice...how long is the lead? I have one similar that I use when I'm hunting or training....It is long enough to wrap around my neck and shoulder so I don't have to keep my hand on it..it can be adjusted for length...I think from 6-10'...when the dogs aren't on it I can shorten it and clip it to my vest....But yours looks very clean and easy to use....You probably should put a price on it if you want to sell them.

9. Stina

Stina Songster

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    well I wasn't going to sell these ones...lol

It is only ~5 foot...which is good for control. It would be easy to make them in any length or style though. I haven't gone through the logistics yet to figure out how much it would cost to make them and how much I'd have to sell for.

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    My dogs would tangle themselves together so badly with that!! [​IMG] My dad does have one that is a 2 dog lead, which he uses for his hunting dogs. They are little though, so they are easy to control. My dog is hard enough to control by herself!! Very nice though!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: