Look what I made overnight thanks to BQB......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenzoo, Jul 8, 2008.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Here are 2 diapers I made last night using some scrapes, I did not have spandex etc. so I used a cotton type. It was a quick sew, but if I had more time it would have been prettier....Thanks BQB
    [​IMG]
    And here is LOOKOUT wearing one.....
    [​IMG]

Davearoo, if you're out their, I know you're laughing your head off......but I know your sitting with a chicken feeding it popcorn while sitting in your chair...LOL

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    awesome. maybe you could make them into costumes and sell em. matching costumes for kids and chickens for halloween!

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:I thought about that, I use to make costumes for my horses....alot different in the pattern dept. I use to make all my own patterns, but have gotten lazy. I needed this so I drug out the serger and sewing machine.
    I thought about making some CA style w/the boa fluff and bling!!! HaHa, animal print for the Jungle fowl, HaHa

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  4. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    [​IMG]I feel so complete knowing I helped people! [​IMG]

5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    they are so pretty, great job. I think i be needing some. But i hate to sew well maybe this winter when i am bored. Thx. for the pic's. and cute pic of Lookout. [​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

6. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Uhm... Are you selling them? [​IMG] I might be interested in one or two. Seriously!

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:Well, I still have the sewing machine out of the closet, HaHa....do you want a party chicken diaper, a tux diaper for that special occasion....HaHa:lol:
    I think my RIR would hold still for measurements.......[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  8. goatkeepers

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Ok.. How much are you thinking about charging? Stupid question, but they really work? They catch all the poop? I have 9 BLRWs in the bator and I have a feeling they are gonna be some spoiled birdies when they get here! [​IMG] [​IMG] I think if I had a diaper for my favorite one :p DH might let him/her hang out in the house a bit with us...

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I've been using mine,(we'll LOOKOUT has, Ha Ha) I am going to make a few changes now that I've seen it in action, I guess that is just the crafter in me, but it works good, even better when I make the changes. I made one for my serama roo, he looked at me like, WHATEVER LADY as long as I'm in the house! HaHa I made these out of scrapes so I'm not sure what my cost would be, but I'm thinking I could sell basic ones for in the $10-$15 range if I could use media mail to ship it for free.[​IMG]

10. goatkeepers

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Media mail?? What is that? lol.

I love the two you have pictured, the checkered blue and the apple one!! [​IMG] I will be putting it on wyandottes, are they the same size as your roo?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by