Look what is going into my incubator tonight

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pw_quiltworks, Feb 11, 2009.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I am so excited. I can't wait to see the chicks. Figured I would wait to put them in the incubator until tonight. Maybe they need to settle a little. I think they are a gorgeous color. I really didn't know they came in such lovely colors. Just look at the olive green ones. And that dark brown one. Guess I thought all eggs were either light brown or white. Anyone else starting any today?

Here's a photo of the beautiful eggs that came today:

[​IMG]

Ain't they beauts?

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    They are very pretty! Good luck on your hatch.

3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    What breeds are they?

4. pw_quiltworks

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:I have absolutely no idea. It's a surprise. It's going to be a long 21 days. [​IMG]

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    pretty pretty!

i am starting some bantam mixes today. 8 of them.

6. chubbydog811

chubbydog811 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Did you get them from siz8003? I saw that you had answered to her last post for eggs...I got some too! The olive coloured ones are beautiful!!! The pretty red one is awesome too...
    I set mine last night [​IMG]

Hope you have a good hatch [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  7. pw_quiltworks

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:I DID get them from siz8003. They were packed perfect!! No broken ones at all. The light blue one is almost the color of a robins egg. I hope you will keep in touch. It will be nice to show off the chicks as they hatch!!! Can't wait.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  8. chubbydog811

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Hehe, that's awesome! I didnt get any broken ones either - they were packed so nicely! They were barely even cold! I candled them before I put them in the bator, and I really only had concern for 3 of them - 2 had weird air pockets, and one looked kind of scrambled, but I couldnt really tell - I had a basset hound poking me trying to get me to play while I was doing it!

I was surprised at the colours for some reason...I was the same- expecting brown/white...It made my day to see there were some pretty green ones too [​IMG]

I'm hoping that at least 2 hatch! Im not going to get my hopes up that most will hatch...so maybe if I just say 2, there will be a good portion to hatch? reverse phsycology! lol

and I think all the crazy chicken owners from this website have rubbed off on me...I already have 21 chickens between 2 coops, and the lone bantam named Gertrude...
    Along with these 24 eggs, and 15 bantams on the way [​IMG]

9. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Hey Chubbydog, we must be related because our avatars look like eachother. Is that a Haflinger?

10. chubbydog811

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    haha, I noticed that a while ago, but never mentioned it!
    And yes, he is a haflinger! I got in November, and unfortunately, have only ridden him 3 times! Not fair! lol...
    I have another Haffy, and 9 other horses too... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by