Look what is going into my incubator tonight

sewchick

One Handy Chick
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Maine
I am so excited. I can't wait to see the chicks. Figured I would wait to put them in the incubator until tonight. Maybe they need to settle a little. I think they are a gorgeous color. I really didn't know they came in such lovely colors. Just look at the olive green ones. And that dark brown one. Guess I thought all eggs were either light brown or white. Anyone else starting any today?

Here's a photo of the beautiful eggs that came today:

gorgeouseggs.jpg

Ain't they beauts?

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea. It's a surprise. It's going to be a long 21 days.
smile.png

Did you get them from siz8003? I saw that you had answered to her last post for eggs...I got some too! The olive coloured ones are beautiful!!! The pretty red one is awesome too...
I set mine last night
wee.gif

Hope you have a good hatch
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I DID get them from siz8003. They were packed perfect!! No broken ones at all. The light blue one is almost the color of a robins egg. I hope you will keep in touch. It will be nice to show off the chicks as they hatch!!! Can't wait.

Last edited:
Hehe, that's awesome! I didnt get any broken ones either - they were packed so nicely! They were barely even cold! I candled them before I put them in the bator, and I really only had concern for 3 of them - 2 had weird air pockets, and one looked kind of scrambled, but I couldnt really tell - I had a basset hound poking me trying to get me to play while I was doing it!

I was surprised at the colours for some reason...I was the same- expecting brown/white...It made my day to see there were some pretty green ones too
smile.png

I'm hoping that at least 2 hatch! Im not going to get my hopes up that most will hatch...so maybe if I just say 2, there will be a good portion to hatch? reverse phsycology! lol

and I think all the crazy chicken owners from this website have rubbed off on me...I already have 21 chickens between 2 coops, and the lone bantam named Gertrude...
Along with these 24 eggs, and 15 bantams on the way
wink.png

haha, I noticed that a while ago, but never mentioned it!
And yes, he is a haflinger! I got in November, and unfortunately, have only ridden him 3 times! Not fair! lol...
I have another Haffy, and 9 other horses too...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom