Look what my boyfriend did today....

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jettgirl24, Aug 25, 2011.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I have three unruly Marans who are horrifically mean to my younger chickens leaving me no place to keep them while we are working on building my big 12'x12' coop. So that we can integrate the youngsters, the meanies need to move out so my boyfriend came up with the brilliant idea of making a quick temporary coop for them... Apparently today was the day and I just received this picture on my phone (please take special note of the wonderful sign he has made):

[​IMG]

It looks like chicken jail... Which I guess it is... LOL. Apparently we will not be having company over anytime soon. Maybe ridding our yard of this eyesore will be just the kick we need to get the stupid coop finished!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. michelleshenhouse

michelleshenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Slidell, La
    I luv the name!!!

3. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] junk crap sack

4. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hilarious!!! Hey, lets give him some big time points for getting out there and putting it together! I've been building my coop myself!! My husband "suddenly" has too many other things going on and can't help... hmmm.. I can't wait to see what the new coop looks like! Oh, and yes, that sign is pretty funny!

5. Tracyree

Tracyree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Had to google "janky". Thanks for the new vocabulary. Very funny boyfriend.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    enter it in a trashy coop contest

7. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I think I should... It really is that bad [​IMG] LOL

Then funny thing is that my boyfriend is in construction and is SUPER OCD about things looking perfect... So for him to build... This... It's just a little weird for me [​IMG]

8. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Hawkeye, next time your husband expects you to fix a big breakfast for im, on your way out the door just say, hon', you're gonna have to cook this morning, I gotta check on the animals. That works two ways.[​IMG]

9. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:LOL!! THANK you!! I love that!!! Especially since I've been out bustin' butt in 106 heat on this thing! Not to mention, I'm going at a snails pace since I'm on my own. [​IMG]

Jetgirl- love the idea someone said about finding a junk coop contest! hehee! Is your boyfriend embarrassed with it, or is he thinking it's pretty funny, too?? ha! I just kept giggling over this one!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by