Look what my neighbor dropped off (pics)

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by sara, Aug 27, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

A box of 16 chicken meals [​IMG] These are my first meaties. Well he brought chicks a week or so ago that might be for the freezer too if they are all roos. I'm pretty excited, but must go back to the feed mill and get feed for these little ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    They are sooo cute! Good thing they get big and stinky! [​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    AWW I could never raise meat birds LOL I would always see that cute little chick face when I went to butcher them. *SIGH* I wish I could...I would prefer to have my own chicken rather then buying from the store.

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I have no idea how it will go. I plan to have my DH or my dad do the dirty work, so they won't have cute little faces til they get to me. [​IMG] I hope they get ugly, that'll make it easier. My DH thinks I'm crazy though, he thinks its a lot of work for how cheap chicken is in the store. I however would rather know where my food comes from. He's going to be busy butchering with these, and my pigs. [​IMG]

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    its not to difficult we did 122 at the farm I worked on by lunch time they were in the fridge ! trust me they won't be cute later.

Henry

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Oh good Henry, I'll just hire you to come do them for me. [​IMG]

7. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

There¬ís nothing like stepping in dog-sized mounds of poo and smelling that all too distinct and constant aroma to get you in that chopping mood. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:[​IMG] That's true, but I tend to have to step through cattle poop on the way to the chickens so poop really has no effect on me [​IMG]

9. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    Quote:[​IMG] That's true, but I tend to have to step through cattle poop on the way to the chickens so poop really has no effect on me [​IMG]

i deal with dog poo, cat poo, cow poo, horse poo, duck poo and chicken poo.

trust me, you'll be singing a different tune in about 9 weeks with the chicken poo. LOL

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:What is it about this poop that is so bad? The only poop I can't stand is dog, it has an awful smell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by