Look what my neighbor GAVE me...!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BikerBabeRules, May 16, 2008.

1. BikerBabeRules

BikerBabeRules Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Vermont, USA
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts on moving this. I ended up calling a local towing company yesterday. within 2 h ours, I had the shed onm my property and set in place for a $100. I am so happy. It needs some work on the bottom back as it was in the dirt, but it's perfect for what I need! I'll post photos of the progress./[​IMG]
    This shack/shed was my children's father's playhouse as a kid. The neighborhood boys (40 years ago) would camp out in this structure, it was their fort. Today the property is for lease. I called the lease #, got a return call, gave him the family history, asked if i could have the shed; and he (without hesitation) said, SURE!!!! He wants the lawnmower inside, everything else is mine he said. My oh my, there is enough wiring supplies in there to wire the whole thing if i want to as well! Now, i must figure out how to move it one street over. Any ideas? It's about 8'x11'. Just sets on a stone foundation. Th e Lord DOES provide and answers prayer!![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The clapboards are in great shape and the paint will easily scrape right off! I'm picturing window boxes full of flowers! I have enough shingles left from my new roof a few years ago, i could reroof if it needs it. I could even insulate!!

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    How wonderful!!! I'm completely excited for you! Not sure on how to move it though. There is bound to be a bunch of smarties that will give you some ideas though!

Congrats on your catch! [​IMG]

3. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Thats awesome!!! I would LOVE to have that!!! Good luck with the move.

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Wowwwwwwww that is great!!!!! There are companies that will move it for you on a flatbed trailer. Call around to a couple of tow places and they will steer you in the right direction. Also anyplace that sells sheds and such might also be able to. That is going to make a beautiful coop with history!

5. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    We just this week moved my 8 x 10 shed but only from one side of the property to the other. We used jacks and pipes and a wench (?) to get it up on a trailer, just enough to get it off the ground high enough to move it. It was time consuming but not as difficult as I thought it would be.

6. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

Just a thought...You could contact a local wrecker service to see if they could move it for you on a roll-back wrecker.[​IMG]

7. vwoods

vwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Spotsylvania, Virginia
    Wow, I'm so jealous. That is one groovy structure. Have fun moving it!

8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What a great future coop!

9. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Yep - call places that sell yard barns and sheds and they will know someone who can move it for you.

Cool cool cool!!

10. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Good for You!!!

Well if you don’t have access to a flat bed how about piece by piece or wall by wall just reassemble!

DH & I were thinking about that too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by