Look what my son found this morning!(THE BIG UPDATE pg. 5)

Oh man, there's nothing more perfect than newborn guinea pigs. If only human babies were that cute and self-sufficient!!!

Quote:
they are born 'ready for the world'. Shelleyb1969 gave me the 411 as i wasn't sure. but sure enough, they are were born last night/this morning, because they weren't there last night at feeding time!

Quote:
Elizabeth, the one in the picture...she seriously was one of the UGLIEST babies ever. we still tease her. she had flea bite rash and horribly sensitive skin so she always looked like she was just swelled and ughhhh!

she came out alright though, eh? she's gorgeous, smart and writes poetry, makes artwork etc.

ohhhh and she likes lip gloss....yeah, we're raising her right!

That is so neat! I was sitting here wondering how you didn't notice hairless little crawlies in there before now! hehe

Quote:
you and me both. i seriously scolded my son for calling me out there and 'tricking' me. i thought he meant that some chicks from the brooder next to the guinea pigs/rabbit had gotten in the wrong brooder.

kept telling him he had better finish up and get to school. he said, "MOM! You better get out here and see this right now!"

of course, i go out, bare footed and see NOTHING. he says they are hiding. i get a little miffed and tell him this isn't funny. he picked up the little house and there they were.

i could've fallen over and i hugged him and told him i will believe anything (ALMOST) he tells me again.

Miss_Jayne, please congratulate Elizabeth for me. I can just see her beautiful face light up when she sees them...priceless. Those babies are just tooooo cute!

Guinea pig babies are born with their eyes open, a full coat of hair, and are usually eating food within an hour, as well as drinking water. They just look like miniature versions of their parents....just so adorable.

Quote:
no kidding! project separation will commence as soon as they can be away from the mom.

anyone know when that is for guinea pigs????

she gets home in one hour...i am dying to see her face! hurry up bus and get home!

Lord help me, now I want a guinea pig!
barnie.gif
I do NOT need to add that to my ever growing menagerie, but I did tell the girls I would replace the hammies they had that died. Maybe a pig would be a better pet for them.

Are they nocturnal like hammies?

(I'll do more research before doing anything, never fear. I always research a subject to death before making a decision.
wink.png
)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom