look what now comes in bagsof peat moss!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Feb 20, 2012.

1. so it was really nice out today and my girls have been pretty cranky. Soooooo... I went up to Lowes and picked up two bags of sand and one bag of peat moss. I figured I would let them have at a goooooodddd bath today! So i didnt even get the sand out of the bags into their green sand box before they were into it! I didnt even get the peat moss mixed in yet. oh well.... save the peat moss for last I figured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, OK, i will now open the bag of peat moss that i am going to mix in with the sand. I found a bag that was inside the store, it was dry and warm. I open it and turn around to take a drink of water, turn back around and wow, look what now comes with peat moss!!!!! it moves, it wiggles, it even smiles!!!! (yes, i said smile.....)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ah, my happy girls!!!!

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    They look like they are having a very good time! I love the chicken in the peat moss, great pics!
    Forgot to say, it does say ready to use on the bag. Guess your girls can read, lol.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  3. :D

4. BeccaSmith

BeccaSmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Meridian, ID
    That's to cool, great idea with the swimming poo or sandboxl, wonder if I could get hubby to go for that, but probably not because our girls have plenty of are to dust bath. I love the looks of the chickens in the last picture, it looks like it died and went to heaven....lol.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. Queen of the chickens

Queen of the chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    No wonder my raised garden bed is such a chick magnet. It is a potting soil, sand and peat moss mixture. They LOVE it.

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. Tambo26

Tambo26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Orrington, MAINE
    That is awesome! Chickens are so funny! Thanks for the pics!

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Oh they DO love their dust baths! [​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. tinalibnania

tinalibnania Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2011
    Detroit
    That is just plain ADORABLE! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by