Look what took my chickens!!!!!! Bald Eagle Picture

Cackling Hen

Just Scratching Around
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Port Angeles Wa
So i have my chickens free range they were in the dog kennel this morn with my German shepard. I heard a mean growl squaking ran out there and the eaglel was in kenne.l Jr my dog had its by its tail Im missing 2 chickens Time for coop to be done........ This eagle was HUGH should have grabbed a gun not camera but its against the law

Last edited:

halo

Got The Blues
12 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
We have bald eagles here....they are absolutely stunning and just take my breath away, they are so beautiful. Ive never had a problem with them taking a chicken. I have bird netting over the top of my runs, and have never had any bird of prey even attempt to get thru them.

Ducklove334

Off to another pond
11 Years
Nov 4, 2008
Virginia
yeah, I don't reckon killing a baldie, unless you want several million years in jail

we don't have any eagles that are a problem here, just hawks, and they don't do that much

Wanda

Songster
12 Years
Jan 7, 2008
Pennsylvania
maybe your chickens just got scared and ran off. I think Eagles actually prefer fish but I guess if it were really hungry it would take whatever it could get.

Wanda

Cackling Hen

Just Scratching Around
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Port Angeles Wa
when i went out there to the kennel they were in dog house. i think the eagle come back for round 2 got the 2 chicks then came back and my dog got him by tail

Last edited:

Top Bottom