Look what we did yesterday!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Barb Schuetz, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Barb Schuetz

Barb Schuetz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2007
    Viroqua, WI
    We got this old shed from a neighbor for $50( it would've been free but he delivered!). Yesterday we repositioned it, leveled it, put doors on, put a roost in, built in a seperate pen for the meat chickens and one for the goslings( the space where the bale of straw sits will be chicken wired), made sure it was predator proof and put everyone in for the night! It was scary but so much quieter in the house. I also attatched a small, temporary run this morning. They're so happy and look so gosh darn cute perching on the roosts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    :yiipchickWow Barb,
    That looks like it will be a nice home for your chicks:)
    I see you have your child out there, we have a 2 y/o son and a 10 mo. girl. Our son love to be hands on and helping all he can with the chickens and rooster:rolleyes:
    Your saying at the bottom, I really like it. Be the person your dog thinks you are. Well sorry , I may have missed quoted. I have my 10 mo. old crawling around me that I am trying to keep my eye on:D
    Send us more pics as you get things done to it:cool:

3. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Looks great! I just love it when most of the work is done already and all I have to do is add the finishing touches [​IMG]

Cute chicks too!

4. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    What a great deal!!! I find myself looking all the time for old sheds and stuff that can be remodeled. They are widening a HWY out by us and alot of houses had to be torn down and I'm looking at their sheds and green houses! I'm wonderin' who to contact to get them? I've seen a few I want!

5. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    cool, looks like they love it! What a great deal.

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    what a great deal!!

7. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Great Deal!!!

Good for U!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by