Look what we found this morning!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PQ, Mar 1, 2009.

1. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
  2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:CUTE!

3. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  4. Did you know she was expecting or was it a surprise?

I have never seen a baby Chin, do you know if it's a boy or a girl? Whatever it is, it's so cute!

Chinchilla's are one of the only types of pet that I have never had. I heard that they were bitey when I was a kid and just never tried one out [​IMG]

5. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Hi PineBurrowPeeps,
    Oh we love our chins.
    I have only had one nibble my finger in all honesty it hurt less then being pecked LOL!
    We didnt think the chins had mated so we where not expecting.
    We have two females in with one of our males and they never showed signs of coming into "season". We completly missed it. There gastation is 111 days. They have been eating so much I thought this was why they where getting a little chubby, they fooled me.
    We hold ours right from birth and they are not nippy at all and love to be held. I have gotton a few over the years that someone else didnt want any more and it took a few months to get the to want to come and be held. But you would want one that has been held or a very young one. They will grow old with you, life span is up to 20 years.
    They are a great fun to people who dont go to bed to early, as they are night owls. They have a different kinds of colors, run, jump, climb, hang and make the greatest sounds.... gee have I sold you on becoming a chin mama? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

that little one is just toooo cute!! [​IMG] have fun with him/her. I have never owned one either, one of the few critters.

7. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    my friend has chinchillas in their 20's isn't that crazy for a rodent

8. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Quote:Thank goodness they are such wonderful pets!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by