LOOK WHAT WE HAVE!!!

MrsDolittleDuck

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Tennessee
Just wanted everyone to see what Honky and His New Girl Penelopy Have.
This is our first egg for them and for this Northern Crazy Goose Lady. I Was So Excited To See This!!

THE PROUD PARENTS

Congrats! I'm sure they're going to be great parents.
thumbsup.gif

Just wanted everyone to see what Honky and His New Girl Penelopy Have.
This is our first egg for them and for this Northern Crazy Goose Lady. I Was So Excited To See This!!

THE PROUD PARENTS

I know you are the proud parent of that egg. But do know they are proud too. But this is the wrong time of year for eggs to be laid and goslings to grow enough to make it through a cold winter...

Yes I do realize this isn't the right time of year. As a matter of fact, Penelopy has given us 3 eggs all together. She seems to be laying one everyday. I am taking them away. I haven't eaten any yet. Maybe this weekend. I haven't got used to eating my goose's eggs. It will be a first from me.
I just was excited to see the eggs. I have moved to TN from MA. In MA all we have is dogs and cats, and they certainly don't lay eggs!!!

Last edited:
Yes I do realize this isn't the right time of year. As a matter of fact, Penelopy has given us 3 eggs all together. She seems to be laying one everyday. I am taking them away. I haven't eaten any yet. Maybe this weekend. I haven't got used to eating my goose's eggs. It will be a first from me.
I just was excited to see the eggs. I have moved to TN from MA. In MA all we have is dogs and cats, and they certainly don't lay eggs!!!
Dolittle, really congrats on taking on Honky and finding him a mate. The fact she´s laying shows they´re obviously happy with each other. Enjoy the eggs, then when she lays at a sensible time of year, enjoy the goslings!!!
ep.gif
Nice to know you´re hooked.

3 years ago i had two breeding seasons in a year for my brown chinese and she hatched 3 goslings in october and that year those babies died in jan. Coz of the frost was - 17°c i remmber this because all my africans nearly all had orange marks on their knob cause by the extreme frost but anyway the goslings where large but not fully feathered and were too big to sleep under the mothers wing so they all died together the same night against eachother in the shed
quite sad but thats my experience with goslings in winter

That is a sad story. I do understand that I can't let any of the eggs to hatch. Penelopy has had 3 eggs now. I was a egg napper. I took all of them away.
It was just so exciting to me because I am from the north and have been a southern wanna be girl for 1 1/2 years now, so to see the eggs was a really nice experience for me. I wanted to share it with everyone. Everyone has been so nice and helpful to me. I do appreciate it.

That is a sad story. I do understand that I can't let any of the eggs to hatch. Penelopy has had 3 eggs now. I was a egg napper. I took all of them away.
It was just so exciting to me because I am from the north and have been a southern wanna be girl for 1 1/2 years now, so to see the eggs was a really nice experience for me. I wanted to share it with everyone. Everyone has been so nice and helpful to me. I do appreciate it.
You´ve been so nice to Honky!! Just bear in mind next year when you have a hand-ful of goslings, make sure they get a good balanced diet with the niacin!!!!!!!
wink.png
Eh, Ruru!

Back
Top Bottom