Look who just arrived!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by needlessjunk, Dec 3, 2014.

1. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    My little babies came today :) so stinking cute too. I was suppose to get a Cayuga but they didn't have enough to fill more order so I got a fawn and white runner. I couldn't make up my mind between that and a khaki campbell so hopefully I made the right choice, I was second guessing myself. Anyway so we have a Welsh Harliquine, Blue Runner, White Layer and now a Fawn and White Runner. Everyone is running around and eating and drinking. I do have a question though. When I opened up the box the grow gel was flipped around and they couldn't eat any of it. I thought they were suppose to eat it in transit. I flipped it around for the ride home and they all pigged out. When I gave them water no one was too interested but they each had some. After 10 mins or so I sprinkled a little food for them and they chowed down. At what point should I let them have all the food they want? I'm going slowly and putting more out as they eat what is given. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  2. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    They're adorable! ^-^

Ducklings should always have unlimited access to food, especially since they didn't really get any food in transit. Go ahead and give them a full bowl of food (and appropriate water bowl as well of course). ;)

3. needlessjunk

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX

Thanks! They figured out the sour cream water and they are still eating to food I sprinkled out but I will put the dish out. I just checked in on them and they are starting to settle down and nap. They have all pooped once too so I know they are doing alright. Funny how that's a good sign seeing poop in babies.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    You'll love your lil Runners and having 2 will be nice for them. beautiful colors too, congrats they look great.

5. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    So fun to get excited about poop, isn't it? ;D Glad to hear they are doing well!

6. needlessjunk

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    Thank you :) since new babies are just so cute here is another pic of them after their little swim today. Which they really enjoyed and were diving and having a grand ol' time. They also all got names, we have Sky, Zuma, Chase and Marshal. They are all girls but my 4 year old is into Paw Patrol.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They are adorable. keep on with the vids and pics they grow so fast. Sounds like the kids are enjoying them.

8. Smurfbrew

Smurfbrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2014
    Nebraska
    Aww, they are super cute!! Congrats on the new duckies!

9. Crazy4Fowl

Crazy4Fowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2014
    My duck coop
    Haha I see what you did there! Sky, Zuma, Chase, Marshal. You must watch paw patrol... or your kids... I hope you don't if you an adult... Lol

10. needlessjunk

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    Lol, I guess technically I do watch it but I have a 2 and 4 year old ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by