Look who's getting their 'Big Girl' feathers :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mustangluvrjen, Jan 21, 2011.

1. mustangluvrjen

mustangluvrjen Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    South Cakilaki
    It's Butterscotch and Toffee. What a transformation of color. Butterscotch hatched a dijon mustard color and has been slowly been getting darker. Toffee has stayed true to her hatch color and still appears that she will be darker than Butterscotch. I'm really curious what they will look like after their first molt.
    Sorry the pics aren't the greatest my camera's batteries were basically dead so the focus and shutter were lagging [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as week old ducklings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Adorable. I love baby ducks and they do go through some really cool changes. Nice pics too.

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG they are too cute. How old are they now?

4. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Gorgeous birds!

[​IMG]

That there, is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen... [​IMG]

5. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Awww! I love the pen you have them in! I bet that keeps down the mess!

Adorable though. We're still deciding what incubator we want to buy, and then we'll have ducklings!

6. mustangluvrjen

Dec 1, 2010
    South Cakilaki
    Quote:They will be a month old this weekend.

My boyfriend was picking on me this past week while he was n town from the military. We ate out almost every night at Broadway @ the beach and they have several big ponds there w/ ducks a plenty. Everytime we would walk around and visit the shops he would say don't look now but I think they smell the ducklings on ya. I would turn around and have like a conga line of mallards following me.

I wish I had my camera on me. It was funny and cute.

7. mustangluvrjen

Dec 1, 2010
    South Cakilaki
    Quote:Thanks. The pen is actually a dog pop-up tent that I found at good will for 5 bucks. I had to get something since they out grew there plastic tub. It has a re-enforced floor but I put down a clear table cloth so that I can just fold the 4 corners in to the middle and lift the table cloth out and dump the shavings. If tent gets to messy on the sides I just take everything out fold in down and soak it in the tub w/ dawn dish soap for a few minutes. pop it back open to let it dry or take hair dryer to it while folded for quicker drying.

I've been thinking about making a canvas rain cover for it and use it outside but I'm afraid any predators would probably rip thru it if they were determined enough. Ugh I'm rambling, sorry [​IMG]

8. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Yeah my mom had something similar she put her Chihuahua in, he chewed through it.

9. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    They are adorable. I want ducks now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by