Look who's getting their 'Big Girl' feathers :)

mustangluvrjen

Songster
9 Years
Dec 1, 2010
South Cakilaki
It's Butterscotch and Toffee. What a transformation of color. Butterscotch hatched a dijon mustard color and has been slowly been getting darker. Toffee has stayed true to her hatch color and still appears that she will be darker than Butterscotch. I'm really curious what they will look like after their first molt.
Sorry the pics aren't the greatest my camera's batteries were basically dead so the focus and shutter were lagging
hmm.png

72984_dscn1357.jpg

72984_dscn1356.jpg

72984_dscn1354.jpg

as week old ducklings

72984_dscn1269.jpg

72984_dscn1266.jpg

Awww! I love the pen you have them in! I bet that keeps down the mess!

Adorable though. We're still deciding what incubator we want to buy, and then we'll have ducklings!

Quote:
They will be a month old this weekend.

My boyfriend was picking on me this past week while he was n town from the military. We ate out almost every night at Broadway @ the beach and they have several big ponds there w/ ducks a plenty. Everytime we would walk around and visit the shops he would say don't look now but I think they smell the ducklings on ya. I would turn around and have like a conga line of mallards following me.

I wish I had my camera on me. It was funny and cute.

Quote:
Thanks. The pen is actually a dog pop-up tent that I found at good will for 5 bucks. I had to get something since they out grew there plastic tub. It has a re-enforced floor but I put down a clear table cloth so that I can just fold the 4 corners in to the middle and lift the table cloth out and dump the shavings. If tent gets to messy on the sides I just take everything out fold in down and soak it in the tub w/ dawn dish soap for a few minutes. pop it back open to let it dry or take hair dryer to it while folded for quicker drying.

I've been thinking about making a canvas rain cover for it and use it outside but I'm afraid any predators would probably rip thru it if they were determined enough. Ugh I'm rambling, sorry
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom