1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lookie what I got today!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ZombieChickens, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ZombieChickens

ZombieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

A friend and myself took our kids for a hike today and we happened by an old, clearly unused playhouse. My friend convinced me that it couldn't hurt to ask, so I knocked on the door of the house and the owner of the house said I could HAVE the playhouse! Her boys were grown, and I'm welcome to go get it any time! I'm so excited! It needs some work, but I've got big plans. I'm going to wire in the porch so my crazy girls will have a dry area during rain/snow, and attach my existing run. Throw a couple of my famous cat-litter pail nesting boxes and a few roosts and I think I'm set. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fenika

Fenika Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Great find! Enjoy the makeover [​IMG]

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Wow, what a find!

Show up at their house in 6 months with a gift of eggs....

4. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Awesome! Congratulations on a great find. I hope you post pictures when you get it all finished.

[​IMG]

5. ZombieChickens

ZombieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Or maybe I should attach my run to the back (there's already a missing window, I could make an entry/exit there) , still screen the porch so they can use it, but I can get in and out easily. OR I could screen the porch, and attach my run off of the side of the porch....decisions, decisions. Any suggestions are welcome!!!

6. Kerjack

Kerjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Wow! Congrats on the great find.

Maybe you could have a side run that goes from the covered front porch to the back, so you could still use the back as an entrance way. Would you still sit it up on those wooden posts?

7. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Good thing you asked! How big is it?

8. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    Nice! Now start fixin' her up!

9. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    What about using the front porch for feed and such? I wish I had planned for that in my coop! I also wish there was somewhere that was covered before entering the coop so when I fill the PVC feeder I didnt get soaked in the rain! Just a thought. Great find!

10. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Oh Hooray for the playhouse and Hip-Hip for asking! We get pictures when it's done, right?

Jenny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by